• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BEAT AIR FORCE (Pretty Good Prank)

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Saw 4 USAF Vipers do a flyby at noon meal formation today at Canoe U.

All I gotta say to the Chair Force is...

Is that all you got? :confused:

To make it worse, they got tagged by the FAA for busting airspeed restrictions. We got a call in the office from the FAA about five minutes after the flyover :D

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
To make it worse, they got tagged by the FAA for busting airspeed restrictions. We got a call in the office from the FAA about five minutes after the flyover :D

So what happens to them now? Do they get fined or something? Forgive my ignorance, but that's pretty funny.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So what happens to them now? Do they get fined or something? Forgive my ignorance, but that's pretty funny.

FAA Flight violation: Only if the USAF doesn't provide any high cover and provides the pilot's names to the FAA. Can affect (or prevent) a flying career with airlines later in life.

Lesson to squadron SDOs...when someone calls and want to know who's in a certain jet that did a fly by or any other kind of flight for that matter...never give out the pilot's name. As I'm told, someone way up the chain of command has to make a decision to release a pilot's name to the FAA. Don't be that guy.

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot

Probably nothing. The FAA actually has no direct jurisdiction over military aviators. Since licenses are not required to fly military aircraft their only recourse is to forward "violations" to the DoD and then the respective service has to deal with it. Before some get up in arms, I'm not saying the services blow it off. Its just that my experience with seeing many of these is that the incident gets investigated and most get put to bed with "don't do that again". A famous case it the Thunderbirds flying right over the White House Prohibited Area...oops

Also, there are several aircraft types that have 250 below 10K waivers (not that the speed limit ever stopped us from going faster) and I thought the Viper was one of them but I may be in error.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
My classmates who just got back from Air Force today said there was an impressive legacy Hornet flyby at Air Force over their dorms... at least we got em' back! (As if winning wasn't enough...:) )