• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP Pay

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
For anyone in BDCP:

Do you guys get COLA also? I looked it up about a week ago and my area gets about 80-100 bucks COLA. I assume you would have to be in a pretty expensive area (it does not get much more expensive than L.A.), and we would have to qualify for it. So yes, does anyone qualify for the first criteria, and not get paid?

Lastly, if anyone has pay issues, who are we supposed to contact?? I haven't been paid yet, but I'm expecting it to be 2-4 more weeks anyways. Just in case there are issues I figured out what person I should be looking for to solve them.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
For anyone in BDCP:

Do you guys get COLA also? I looked it up about a week ago and my area gets about 80-100 bucks COLA. I assume you would have to be in a pretty expensive area (it does not get much more expensive than L.A.), and we would have to qualify for it. So yes, does anyone qualify for the first criteria, and not get paid?

Lastly, if anyone has pay issues, who are we supposed to contact?? I haven't been paid yet, but I'm expecting it to be 2-4 more weeks anyways. Just in case there are issues I figured out what person I should be looking for to solve them.

Call your recruiter or detailer guy if you're having problems. In my case he gave me the number of a guy in a different financial office and HE solved my problems in 1 call, as opposed to my NRD who took over a month to get no results.

BackOrdered

Contributor
No PM for you (after all, we just met)...But here's my $.02 about the pay in the account...

When I started BDCP, it took about three months before I started receiving my pay in the "regularly," i.e. the same amount every two weeks. In the meantime, I got odd amounts direct deposited and two U.S. Treasury checks in the mail. It all added up the way it was supposed to, in the end. When you get access to MyPay, log on to make sure that all the numbers are straight.

PM me some info about MyPay. I've never heard of that.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
I was just reading my contract. It says if I get a 3.5 two semesters in a row, I will be upgraded to an E-4 paygrade. Sounds great, but as a senior, what does that mean? I'll be going to OCS shortly after I graduate next May. At what point do you start getting officer pay? When you show up to OCS or when you graduate?

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I was just reading my contract. It says if I get a 3.5 two semesters in a row, I will be upgraded to an E-4 paygrade. Sounds great, but as a senior, what does that mean? I'll be going to OCS shortly after I graduate next May. At what point do you start getting officer pay? When you show up to OCS or when you graduate?

Are you serious? :)

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
For non BDCP OCS guys, they start getting enlisted pay when they leave for OCS, and start getting officer pay when they graduate.

I'd imagine it's the same for BDCP - officer pay after you graduate.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
You are in the same boat as I am. I have 3 quarters left, which is exactly how many it takes to get the promotion. Therefore, I cannot get the promotion (by the time it goes through I graduated). For BDCP from graduation from college, until completion of OCS you get E-5 pay. So the only promotion you qualify for is the 1 grade promotion for getting someone else into the program, so give that a shot.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Wait, so right now we're at E-3. Are you saying that even if we don't get 3.5s, we jump to E-5 automatically after graduation?

Or does that only happen if we pull off 3.5s?

Tom

pilot
Contributor
Yes, upon graduation you are an E-5. Maybe you should have read that contract a little closer...:D

From when you swear in, if you complete two semesters at a 3.5 GPA (or Dean's List on your transcript), you get a bump up to E-4. The tricky part is that I had above a 3.5 for two semesters, but one was during the summer. My transcript did not have "Dean's List" on it, so no raise for me.

Recommend someone who swears in and go to E-5 (or E-4 without the GPA raise). You know what the best deal is? I hear that upon being commissioned I get paid 0-1.:D Two months after that, I get the bump up for 2 years in. There's nothing quite like getting paid to drink 3 days a week. God I love the Navy.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
There's nothing quite like getting paid to drink 3 days a week. God I love the Navy.

Agreed. I'm surprised there isn't more hatred towards us from ROTC people. Except they don't have to deal with that pesky OCS factor.