• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

BDCP approval timeline: Does it have to take up to 6 mos???

treybert1

To fully answer the ASTB question, I'm currently in the CEC and have never had to take the ASTB (didn't even know what it was before reading all this). I did the BDCP program while at NC State. I think I started the whole process early in the spring of my sophomore year after receiving some email from a recruiter, and I got sworn in and signed the papers on July 17th that following summer. It just all depends on how fast you get the paperwork done, the PRT passed, the interview done, and get through MEPS. The Navy made a nice little mistake in mixing up my paperwork at first and told me I didn't make it, but called me back a few days later with the better news that I was in. As the Navy motto goes...Stand by to Stand by. Good luck to you (or anyone) who decides to try out for the program. It landed me in Hawaii, so I have no complaints at all on my end.

Dan1550

I am applying for the same CEC program. I am at the University of South Florida and I also have about a 3.8 GPA. I have completed my application packet, references, and the interview. From what my recruiter told me, the interview went very well and I ended up getting a pretty good write up. How much will the interview influence the boards decision when comparing my application to others? I have also taken the Prt once and I am about to take it again this week to try and get a better higher score to make my application a little more competitive. Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think would be a competitive score?

Thanks

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
I am applying for the same CEC program. I am at the University of South Florida and I also have about a 3.8 GPA. I have completed my application packet, references, and the interview. From what my recruiter told me, the interview went very well and I ended up getting a pretty good write up. How much will the interview influence the boards decision when comparing my application to others? I have also taken the Prt once and I am about to take it again this week to try and get a better higher score to make my application a little more competitive. Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think would be a competitive score?

Thanks

Holy thread-resurrection batman! I can't speak for the interview deal because I never had to do it (it wasn't even mentioned, not sure why some people do it and others don't), but from what I've read the PRT scores are more of a pass/fail deal. As long as you get the minimums you should be fine, but of course the higher the better.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Dan, I don't know whenter I should tell you this is probably the wrong thread to have your question associated with or to thank you for digging up this hilarious thread.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dan, I don't know whenter I should tell you this is probably the wrong thread to have your question associated with or to thank you for digging up this hilarious thread.

Sure makes his attitude look great (unless he starts demanding Navy adher to his timeline because he has a 3.7 and they called firstb;)).

atrickpay

BDCP SNA

At least nobody has to remind this guy about the search function ;)

Lobster

Sure makes his attitude look great (unless he starts demanding Navy adher to his timeline because he has a 3.7 and they called firstb;)).

Buddy boy sounded like he was negotiating for an NHL contract, you think he had an agent to enter into contract negotiations with the recruiting office? I heard he wasn't even a first round pick :p

Dan1550

Sorry, I'm new to this. I didn't realize what I was attaching to his posts. Ill figure how to start one of my own.

Thanks

Goob83

None
Don't take it that I am just interested in the money. I just believe that if the program is interested in getting a top notch student that they would not drag their feet for nine months like some have talked about on this forum. It is a scholarship type deal so I feel I am getting cheated if they don't accept me as soon as possible if they like my packet.

I will be turning in my application for commission, letters of recomendation, academic degree completion program, job references, and ESPQ all by the end of next week. My recruiter has not said anything about the ASTB but I thought I saw somewhere that the Civil Engineer Corps didn't have to take it. Does anyone know if this is true???

I don't care if I have the actual cash by Nov 1, but I would like to be officially accepted/sworn in by Nov 1. Does that seem like it is that big of a problem?

The process takes less than 60 days from start to finish if you don't drag around and your OR is on top of it. I do kits in 40 days or less all the time.
have you done your interview with CEC officer yet? you will not need a ASTB. if you can get MEPS out of the way do that now as well as your PRT. If you have a Clean 2807 then there will be no issues at meps and the process part is up to your OR and NRD to get it done

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
The process takes less than 60 days from start to finish if you don't drag around and your OR is on top of it. I do kits in 40 days or less all the time.
have you done your interview with CEC officer yet? you will not need a ASTB. if you can get MEPS out of the way do that now as well as your PRT. If you have a Clean 2807 then there will be no issues at meps and the process part is up to your OR and NRD to get it done

Check the date on that post goob. ;)

He's probably a JG by now.

Lobster

does anyone know if the OP actually got accepted and commissioned? Seems to me like he didn't with his attitude and all but I'd like to know if he's going to be giving me orders in a few years

BackOrdered

Contributor
does anyone know if the OP actually got accepted and commissioned? Seems to me like he didn't with his attitude and all but I'd like to know if he's going to be giving me orders in a few years

Odds are, he did. It's my opinion that the majority of the guys here with bad attitudes but good stats make it because they usually know to stow it in the right company. Just not here.

pmasters

Out of curiosity how long did it take you veteran BDCPers to start getting paid? I swear in on Wednesday and I just need to know if I need to get a job for a few months... Haha did someone just refer to me as part of an 'elite group' up there?

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Out of curiosity how long did it take you veteran BDCPers to start getting paid? I swear in on Wednesday and I just need to know if I need to get a job for a few months... Haha did someone just refer to me as part of an 'elite group' up there?

I swore in 05NOV08 and I still haven't been paid yet. But probably on the 15th....but I'm not getting my hopes up. :icon_rage