• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Baby on the way!

NavyWife2001

JenFisher03 said:
His personality has actually been so independent from birth, that he has never been a cuddler. He likes his space and wouldn't let us rock him to sleep even the week he came home. Our next child may need to be rocked to sleep every night to feel safe and comfortable!!

My 2 are just like that! My first is Mr. Independent and didn't want to be cuddled and the new one wants to be held at 3 am. LOL! Each baby is soooooo very different! This 3 am thing won't go on for long though.....He is less than 2 weeks now, but in a few weeks when he is older, he will have to learn that the holding is during the day...MOMMA NEEDS HER SLEEP AT NIGHT!!!! :)

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
JenFisher03 said:
I am sorry!!! :) I really didn't mean to start such a "debate" with the sleep issue. I was just saying that is what worked for us. By no means did I ever let my child scream for hours and not go in to comfort him. His personality has actually been so independent from birth, that he has never been a cuddler. He likes his space and wouldn't let us rock him to sleep even the week he came home. So...this worked for us. Our next child may need to be rocked to sleep every night to feel safe and comfortable!! I just didn't mean for my comment to turn into a "you're a bad parent because you do this" discussion. I think both ways are right depending on you and your child. Please don't think that someone doesn't love their child or doesn't provide tons of love, affection, and attention when they do this either. I love my son more than anything in the world. I would give up anything for him.

Jenny

I wouldn't worry. We all have different kids (my four year old is currently going through the Batman costume stage, he cried when he couldn't where it to church) and we all have different styles. Unless your kids are currently doing time for viloent crime you are probably doing a great job.

El T's non-controversial parenting tip for the day: If you paddle them on the bottom of the feet it won't leave a mark, CPS never checks there.

JenFisher03

RockyMtnNFO said:
I wouldn't worry. We all have different kids (my four year old is currently going through the Batman costume stage, he cried when he couldn't where it to church) and we all have different styles. Unless your kids are currently doing time for viloent crime you are probably doing a great job.

El T's non-controversial parenting tip for the day: If you paddle them on the bottom of the feet it won't leave a mark, CPS never checks there.

That is hilarious about the batman costume. I love it!!

gagirl

My five yr old cried when I wouldn't let her wear her barbie wedding dress for the first day of kindergarten with the crow of course!! My other 5 yr old daughter is going as a Marine for Halloween and the other Barbie. Go figure.

Kelly, how's the twins first and then just one going? That will be me and I"m praying and hoping that it is like they say and sooo much easier. In almost everyway I can see it will be easier and can't wait to find out. I just wanted to see what you say.
The sleep thing..do what works for you and your baby. With the twins I don't even remember. I do know there were nights that I didnt even get to bed. That was tough.

Cougar_62

Just another frustrated observer.
Originally Posted by RockyMtnNFO

Boy, I wished I'd known this one a few years ago! I like it!
icon10.gif

kelly

D_macs Wife
gagirl- I found that the one after twins is much easier. Your twins are older right? My girls were 22 months when I brought our new baby home. The girls were great with him. He still to this day has three mommies. I often found myseld saying now what, after feeding him. You know there seems that there is just one more mouth to feed with twins. At night there is just one mouth and one butt to change. I found it sooooo much easier. Plus my girls were preemies, as most twins are, so they were sick alot with ear infections and such. My full term baby has yet to be sick, besides the normal cold. SO all in all, you will be like this is a breeZe. I am so thankful I had the twins first, because the moms that have one first then two I bet have a hard time adjusting. Good luck to you all!!!!

Kelly