• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Baby on the way!

Country Boy

Proud Father
I wasn't sure where to put this at, so sorry if it's in the wrong place. Just found out today that my wife and I are going to have a healthy baby boy sometime in early Feb. Just wondering if anyone else out there is newly expecting and asking for any advice from some of the "old pros" who have been there and done that. Thanks.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
congrats..i just had my son born on the 30th of August. Prepare for no sleep

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
rare21 said:
congrats..i just had my son born on the 30th of August. Prepare for no sleep
Bite your tounge. I have a daughter due in the early part of November.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
haha good luck to everyone...and if ya'll's wives were using birth control provided by the Navy hospitals towards the end of last year please contact me for the class action lawsuit...j/k :icon_tong

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congratulations you all! :) I have NO advice for you Country Boy, because my husband and I are planning on waiting a few years, but I'm sure some of the PSC ladies will give some great advice to you!

Schmuck

Greatest experience of my life!!!! However you will age about ten years overnight.

Good luck to you. You will never regret or forget it.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Schmuck said:
Greatest experience of my life!!!! However you will age about ten years overnight.

Good luck to you. You will never regret or forget it.

for me it was like a few checkrides rolled into one....and i wasnt doing the pushing

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Congrats to all... hope it all goes well. I hear kids can be quite an experience.

Congrats all around.

Jenmarie

Demons are cute when they sleep!
Contributor
Congratulations to all of you soon to be new daddys (and those of you that are already there!)! I have no advice as my husband and I have quite a few years before we're ready for babies, but best wishes to you and your families!!

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jenmarie said:
Congratulations to all of you soon to be new daddys (and those of you that are already there!)! I have no advice as my husband and I have quite a few years before we're ready for babies, but best wishes to you and your families!!
How do you have 650+ posts and I have never heard of you?

Jenmarie

Demons are cute when they sleep!
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
How do you have 650+ posts and I have never heard of you?

You just haven't been paying attention! ;)

Just kidding, actually, I tend to stay out of the, uh, more colorful conversations and do most of my posting in the PSC.

shortncurly

Congratulations! I have no advice to give since my husband and I are expecting our first sometime in April and I'm clueless right now about anything other than morning sickness. But I'll gladly soak up any advice out there!

kelly

D_macs Wife
If you have ANY questions, let me know. For I have two three year olds, and a 16 month old. I feel I am a "pro" when it comes to little ones. LOL. Anyway I would be happy to answer any questions you have or will have. My hubby is now in advanced and is doing well. So for all of those that will tell you it will make flight school harder, it will, but not impossible.

My first bit of advice is..........enjoy them being little. They grow oh so fast!!!!

Second..... when the baby is about 4 months start a schedule!! Schedules will be your best friend!!! I had twins so I had to have one or I would have never gotten any sleep.

That is all I have for now. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!!!

Cougar_62

Just another frustrated observer.
Congratulation, cigars all around (okay, a little early for that.) My youngest is 12 (oldest 21 and in college) so I've forgotten most of what will help you right now. I will say make sure and support your wife through the whole pregnancy and delivery, she has the hard part. And change diapers and help with the feedings, no matter how much your male friends and relatives give you s**t about it. You'll get back much more than you put into it.

I'll second Kelly's advice, enjoy every minute you can, because in what will seem about a year, adult time, they'll be asking for the car keys. Remember when you were a kid and summer seemed to last forever? I've now got a 21 year old son in college, a 16 year old daughter who wants to go Naval Academy or NROTC and a 12 year old son who's smarter than me. How did that happen, since I only feel about 25 myself?