• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Automatic Ding from

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Was reading on here that they don't care about weed, my friends they do. Don't ever think they won't find out.

There was a guy at OCS while I was there who lied on his espq and to the doc about past weed smoking, said he never had touched the stuff. Well some friends of friends of friends got called thru the espq and viola, they came to him 2 days before graduation and asked him again "did you smoke week, you can be honest because we just need to know" he said no, they gave him a polygraph, he got busted and got sent home. I felt so bad for him because he was such a good nuke candidate, except for the lying of course. Too bad.

He got busted and kicked out for lying, not for smoking weed. The Navy is forgiving when it comes to the mistakes of youth and even the honest mistakes of maturity. It is NOT forgiving when you lie to its face.

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
He got busted and kicked out for lying, not for smoking weed. The Navy is forgiving when it comes to the mistakes of youth and even the honest mistakes of maturity. It is NOT forgiving when you lie to its face.

Very true, however from what he told me, they were a bit concerned that it wasn't exactaly recreational use either. Was rather some pretty regular use in university.

olpa9901

Been there, (PNS) Done that.
I've heard 7 years...10 years, so I'm not sure what to say. I took ritilin as a child (very popular to misdiagnose ADHD when I was growing up) and they said that because i hadn't taken it for like 12 years it didn't matter.

a mystery I guess.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
That would depend on what "stuff" means......

Murder conviction at 17? Yes, they care.

Stole a candybar at 13? No, they don't care.

It's not black and white with them. Context means a lot.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Yes they do.

I was referring more to the drug use/minor stuff. I admitted to it and wrote it in manually in the remarks section, but when I entered it in the appropriate block on the EPSQ program, it rejected it saying it was before I was 18.

If you admit to a crime or charges, in THAT block it probably won't care what age you are/were.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Out of curiousity, do you guys use the EPSQ program for security clearance stuff? Or the new online program? I forget what that is called.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I went to the recruiting station to complete it there, then got sent the link to it to redo it on my own computer 1 month later.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just completed the online form last month for a periodic re-investigation. It's called e-quip or something like that. Here is the amazing part, ONLY 5 weeks later, investigators were knocking on my neighbors doors doing the job! I guess the backlog is down...

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I just completed the online form last month for a periodic re-investigation. It's called e-quip or something like that. Here is the amazing part, ONLY 5 weeks later, investigators were knocking on my neighbors doors doing the job! I guess the backlog is down...

Yeah, that's it, E-quip. It's amazing the Navy is actually leading the way with that system. Other agencies don't use it, even though it seems far smarter and more efficient.

Since, DoD mandated all investigations be done by OPM (with some exceptions of course) in Oct 05, the backlog does seem to have decreased.

IBvsSNA