• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

August 09 Boards

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
I've always heard that the cutoff is the first of the month. But as there are with all things ... there are most likely exceptions to this.

The real question is "where does it need to be submitted by the cutoff?" Does this mean you have completed your package and it is in the recruiter/processor's hands, it is off in Tennessee, it is fully processed through Tennessee? I'm not sure anyone knows that answer. My guess is that there really isn't a true cutoff date, that it "generally" takes the amount of time between the first of the month and when boards meet to make it through all the stages after you let go of the package.

I know, sorry, no help ... it ended up just being a dialogue with myself ... hah oh well

Hah. All well and good. I'm going to get those to her ASAP and if they make, then they do and if they do not, then they do not. Not much else you can do.

I have that and the fact that my age is 26 with a January birthday to worry about as well.

Talk about cutting it close...

shark505

Man, we got a ton of pilots this month...is anyone else going BDCP? Also, does anyone know roughly the turn around time from graduation to reporting to OCS for BDCP? I've heard 1 month as well as 4.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
GetAwayDriver, I called my processor and she said they could easily add things to my package since it's already there and approved. These aren't any big changes to my package, so I don't see why it would cause the package to be delayed.

I'm with you, if it makes it, cool. If not oh well.

I'm in the same boat though. I was going for July and will be seen for August, and yes they did just change the date. All stuff has to be in by the 25th now.

Here are my stats again:

25/M
1st Choice: SNA
2nd Choice: NFO
3rd Choice: SWO

B.S.E in Aerospace Engineering from Univ. of Michigan
Current M.S. student in Aerospace Engineering Sciences @ CU Boulder
GPA: 3.54
ASTB: 62 6/6/6
LOR: My current Advisor/Former Astronaut Candidate Finalist
My secondary Advisor/Former Astronaut & Naval Pilot
Fraternity Headquarters National President
Family Friend who's known me for 15 years
PRT: Good Medium
MEPS: Passed & Qualified

Extracurriculars: Current Chapter Advisor for the CU Chapter of my Fraternity (kind of like a house dad, but not), Advanced Math Teacher, Held many positions in college with my fraternity, Played 4 sports in high school, was captain of 2 intramural championship teams in college, B-licensed skydiver, and certified scuba diver.

Hopefully will be able to add a few more LORs and Interviews to my package as well.

Cowboah

I've been lurking around this site for quite a while soaking up as much information as I can. Submitted my application about a week ago for the August boards.

My stats:

24/M
7/8/7 51
SNA/NFO/SWO
2.7 gpa, Providence College
Strong LOR's (Former F/A-18 pilot, Col USAF, Flight Instructor)
Various extracurriculars
Currently have about 45 hours towards my PPL.

Good luck everybody! Hoping and praying. Cheers.

jfarm123

4....3....2....1.....lift ...
Alright. figure I've been going through these boards for a few months now. Finally, my packet is up for review for August....and I'm posting...

25/M
astb:51
SNA/NFO/SWO
2.6 GPA, B.A. WSC
Decent PRT: 55 , 69, 8:48 1.5Mi.
Extracurriculars all over the board (Cross Country, Track & Field, Mountain Rescue, Radio Broadcasting, Various Clubs/Orgs.)
Decent letters of Rec'd (1-Professor, 1-Regional manager, and 1-Army LT)

Honestly, I'm a little nervous, Good luck everyone!

flyboy

Information Warfare Ensign
My OR has told me that the deadline to submit for the August board is July 25 instead of the normal August 1 deadline. This poses a problem for me because the XO of the recruiting district has said he needs more information on tattoos and its past the deadline today. Any info or does anybody have any contacts that can verify the 25 July deadline for the August board? Im applying for BDCP SNA

jfarm123

4....3....2....1.....lift ...
I've got same info, July 25, or really yesterday was the cutoff to send in your packet. No worries though, just be ready in time for the next one....biggest waiting game of my life.

shark505

yeah 25 July is a hard date, I was in my recruiters office at 4 pm making sure it got sent out by my processor by the close of business....(recruiter was getting minor surgery that day so he told me to go in and ride the processor....practice for when im an officer???)

niktam

I got my delivery confirmation back in the mail yesterday, it was signed for at millington on the 20th. so I am pretty confident all will be well.

markkyle66

Looks like I'll be on the August board after all.
Applying for BDCP (SNA and SNFO)

Education
· Business Management/Marketing major
· 3.79 GPA, University of Florida (WCBA)
-Deans list the previous 6 Semesters
· Active member of DEI and Golden Key Academic Honor Societies
· ASTB: 6/8/6 44

Other
· Solid LORs: Former Commodore/Atlantic Fleet LSO, AF Col, Calculus prof., Navy AMDO Capt., AF Capt. who currently flys the Collings Foundation B-25, Army SF Col., Army Natl Guard SF Sargeant (all of which I had the pleasure of knowing well)
· 2 years AF ROTC (dropped due to issues transferring from Community College due to budget cuts. Initially did not get accepted to UF, I petitioned the school and got in only after I was dropped from the program.)
· Licensed Private Pilot: 87 hours, so some experience if it helps
· Substantial volunteer time, a lot of which was for retired veterans or school related.
· PRT: 74 Sit ups, 55 Push ups, 11:20 run

bptaylor10

Hoping to get in on the August board, but my recruiter took leave here down at the nitty gritty, so I am unsure. All these strong Pilot candidates are getting me nervous, too :shake_125:shake_125.

Here are my stats:
23,M
5/5/6 57 OAR
Applied Pilot and SWO
3.16 GPA B.S. Finance, University of Maryland
LORs: 3 CAPT (USN), 1 Supervisor, 1 Manager. All were pretty strong and got my attributes across, in my opinion.

Haven't done an official PRT, but on my own I have been in the Excellent Low range for push ups and the middle Excellent area for sit ups and the run.

4 year member of the baseball team at UMD (Captain Jr. and Senior seasons)
In high school was captain of baseball team, wrote for school newspaper, and participated in various service/retreat clubs.

Thanks,
Brad

MikeNY

Good luck all!
After non-select on the June Board, I am back for August with a stronger Kit

SWO & Supply
3.13 GPA - Finance at Providence College
OAR: 61 (up from 52)
PRT: 54 push / 68 curl up / 10.15 Run
LOR: Professor, 2 Employer, & added an assessment with NY CO who is SWO.
Strengthen my motivational statement.

Again good luck!

Cloak

Well I just found out from my Recruiter today that he FORGOT to send in my packet. So, with that said....

Good Luck to everyone in the August Boards! Hope everyone gets what they want! My packet was submitted today and not last Thursday as it should have been. I will be in the September Boards. Considering all of you 7/7/7+'s in the August Board, perhaps it's divine intervention for me haha. At least I can look at it that way right?

Best of luck all!

Jason

Racecarr33

Pro-Rec'd SNA
NASIS Website

Had multiple issues with the NASIS website and SF-86 form which held up my packet...hoping that I can get a pass because of this. It always seems that something is in the way...may be I'll be good to go for September Boards?? :confused: