• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ATSB Questions

stepintoliquid

Well a big thanks goes to Goob83 for helping my get my scrores. I must admit though, they're a punch to the gut.

4/4/4 50.

I just don't understand...in the aviation/nautical, spacial apperception, and verbal portions, I didn't think I missed a single question. Nothing was left blank on the test, and I only had to guess on a few. Studied for quite a while leading up to the test too. Used the arco book, Marine practice test and mechanical gouge, and plenty of misc stuff. I'm really baffled here. Looks like I'll be taking it a second time.

Conaway

Well a big thanks goes to Goob83 for helping my get my scrores. I must admit though, they're a punch to the gut.

4/4/4 50.

I just don't understand...in the aviation/nautical, spacial apperception, and verbal portions, I didn't think I missed a single question. Nothing was left blank on the test, and I only had to guess on a few. Studied for quite a while leading up to the test too. Used the arco book, Marine practice test and mechanical gouge, and plenty of misc stuff. I'm really baffled here. Looks like I'll be taking it a second time.

I wondered the same thing after my first attempt. I went back and looked at the info I had about the test scoring and found that other than the sections you mentioned, Math Knowledge and the Arithmatic sections count for more than any of the others. Math is calculated into the pilot, NFO, and AQR scores. So I made sure to focus more on math before my second attempt last Wed. I'll find out on Monday if what I did paid off.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I wondered the same thing after my first attempt. I went back and looked at the info I had about the test scoring and found that other than the sections you mentioned, Math Knowledge and the Arithmatic sections count for more than any of the others. Math is calculated into the pilot, NFO, and AQR scores. So I made sure to focus more on math before my second attempt last Wed. I'll find out on Monday if what I did paid off.

Let us know Conaway. Are you going throught the Atl Marine OSO or the Navy?

blur

A-pool
Sorry to hear that man. I'd take Conaway's advice and really study up on the Math section as well as the Mechanical portion.

I took version 5 about a month ago and got 6/6/6/ 54. I'm applying to the August board with those scores, but I'm still studying, especially the math/mechanical sections because I'll likely need to retake and like you, I feel I aced the spatial and reading. The math and mechanical count heavily on the scores, no doubt.

Good luck next time!

stepintoliquid

Well I went out and picked up the latest arco flight aptitude test book, the 6th edition. turns out I was using an older edition from 2002. Just skimming through the new one, I'm already seeing questions that were on the real test. I'm gonna really focus this new round of studying on the math and mechanical portions of the exam. Be sure to let us know your score conway, gl.

Conaway

...really study up on the Math section as well as the Mechanical portion.
I forgot to mention that about the Mechanical section. Mechanical, I would say, is just as important as the math. I have more I want to say about the test, but I'm going to wait till I get my scores before I put my foot in my mouth.

I took version 5 about a month ago and got 6/6/6/ 54. I'm applying to the August board with those scores...

Are you going Marine Corps or Navy, blur? I'm going on the Aug 3 board for OCC.
I had version 5 this last week, as well. I thought it was much easier than version 4, which I had the first time.

Conaway

Well I went out and picked up the latest arco flight aptitude test book, the 6th edition. turns out I was using an older edition from 2002. Just skimming through the new one, I'm already seeing questions that were on the real test. I'm gonna really focus this new round of studying on the math and mechanical portions of the exam. Be sure to let us know your score conway, gl.

Good deal.

Navy or USMC? Atlanta?

blur

A-pool
I'm trying the Navy route. Unfortunately, I think the Navy is a little more stringent on ASTB scores. I figure I might as well apply with this (I've seen others get in with similar scores) and hope for the best. I think the rest of my package isn't too bad.

stepintoliquid

I want to correct this. After comparing the two editions, they seem identical. I should have been more thorough the first time around while studying the arco book.

Conaway

I'm trying the Navy route. Unfortunately, I think the Navy is a little more stringent on ASTB scores. I figure I might as well apply with this (I've seen others get in with similar scores) and hope for the best. I think the rest of my package isn't too bad.

Actually, I forget where I saw it, but the Marines have a higher miniumum requirement believe it or not. Marines is 6/6/6 and the Navy is 4/5/5 I think.

BossLady379

I definitely didn't like 5. Now I have to take it again. My recruiter didn't tell me I would be taking all of the test. I did no studying for the Aviation part. I know nothing about plans except...........no nothing I know nothing. I felt like an idiot.
So back to the books again for me, this time I will be ready. My problem with the reading comprehension was that some of it was just boring. So just as quick as I was reading it, it was falling out my brain. :sleep_125