• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ATSB Questions

Conaway

I'm scheduled to take the ASTB next Wednesday, 22 Nov. I've been studying the gouge material for some time now, so I'm good to go there. However, any tips or advice when taking the test would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anything about the test has changed anytime this year since that review website was started I'd like to know as well. Thanks in advance.

badger16

None
i would say time your self too. practice like its the real thing... do the practice tests according to how much time you will have in the real test.that way you have an idea (as small as it maybe) what the time portions feel like and you will be used to it.

and right before you take your test...just tell yourself "It is important that i do not suck today".:D

good luck

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
If I remember correctly, ARCO had multiple practice tests.

Take one version, under time constraints and mark which ones you end up guessing on.

Go back and really study the things you didn't know or had to guess on (even if you got them right).

when you're taking the test, especially the math and mechanics parts, do the following:
read a question and answers, if you know the answer right away, answer it. if you dont know the answer right away, skip it and come back to it. this will ensure that you actually get to answer all the questions that you know because it is likely that you will run out of time.

purduenavy

BDCP SNA
A good night of sleep and a good breakfast. The test isn't that hard, if you study you should be ok.

I cannot stress a good night of sleep and a good breakfast enough, it's a long test.

themongol

Drink a red bull before the test. It gives you wings. It gives you a boost of energy and concentration to help you on the test.

Lonestar155

is good to go
I would recommend not taking ANY REDBULL! Half way through the second part of the test you will be feeling like crap.

cwyx

I thougt the red bull helped, i didnt get that crappy comedown that energy drinks usually give you...hopefully that red bull really will get me some shiny wings pinned to my chest...

Conaway

"Don't F*** UP!!!"

Haha, ya nice.

and right before you take your test...just tell yourself "It is important that i do not suck today".:D

Hmm, good advice. It gave me a good laugh. Haha.

Drink a red bull before the test. It gives you wings. It gives you a boost of energy and concentration to help you on the test.

Red Bull is no good for me and tests. Any energy drink for that matter. It makes me freaking wired and I doubt it will help, probably make me more nervous.

Conaway

Took the ASTB this morning. I either prepared more than enough or it was just that easy. The only section I had a problem with was the math section just because some of my math skills suck. However, I think I did really well and I will find out next week. Thank you to everyone who has posted gouge material on the website and anyone who has given some form of help, directly, or indirectly. I couldn't have done any of the test as well without everything that I found here because I didn't get any material from my OSO. We'll find out next week if it all payed off.