• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB Form 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Hey mimisoko9 can you pm me the form info as well? I would like to see what they encompass.
Thanks,

-J

Spin

SNA in Meridian
Hey mimi,

How's it going ...... have you tested yet?
Also, Jeremy ... I'll hit you with some info on PM!

-Spin

room5047

hey all, i just feel a serious need to tell all the hopefuls out there to LEARN THIS SITE'S GOUGE!!! I just took the astb today for the second time (first was in 1997), it was form 1, and many of the mechanical and aviation questions i got right were practically straight from the USMC information provided here, and i wouldn't have known the answers if i hadn't taken a good 2 or 3 hours with those PDF's. THANKS! I got 9's across the board and a 72 OAR!

see you in p-cola... i hope...

hobbs77

I also just took the test today and was astounded by the similarity between the prep test and the actual. Know it by heart and you'll do fine. I had a 4,5,4 the first time and improved to a 7,9,7 today!!

Semper Fi, Do or Die, Gung-ho Gung-ho Gung-ho

woolvz

I too am taking test 2 this next Tuesday does anybody out there have any good info? Is it similar to 1 or wildly different?

Crowbar

None
I'm with everybody saying "Use this site's gouge." Use this site's gouge. I used it extensively, the only use I had for the Arco book was the spatial apperception part, which didn't even look like the real ASTB pictures. Took the test once, OAR 58, 7/7/7.

bighud

I am new here. Where do I get help on the OAR. I took it once and scored a 43, but my package is at the Navy OCS board now and I want to retake it if I do not get picked up. If you could please email me on here or at ghutts@yahoo.com

George H. Hudson

cyphertube

Finished taking my ASTB today.

My advice is definitely to read the gouge here. (If you don't know where to find it, look up top, click on "Forums Menu" and choose File Library - download all the ASTB PDFs.)

Only thing I noticed today that I didn't see in the gouge was stuff on sine, cosine, and tangents. Been about 9 years since I last took a look at it.

Anyway, no official score yet, but I was told I managed to get an OAR of 65, and I was the first non-math/tech major to pass it the first time. I'm shooting for BDCP and I'm majoring in history. I spent all of 2.5 hours on the gouge.

So does it make a difference! Hell yeah!

oldguy

Hello all. I too have been studying for the test that I am scheduled to take Wednesday. The gouge on this site has been very helpful. Also using the Arco book for test practice. If anyone has some additional info they could PM over, that would fantastic. Every little bit helps. Especially since I have not seen some of this math for 10 years. Thanks.

weymandj

banghead_125.gif
I am about to take the OAR for the second time. I've seen that some of you have some good "insider" information. Is there anyway someone could help me out with some quality info. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.