• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ASTB and ARCO study book

Status
Not open for further replies.

beau

send it along to me too if you don't mind. Pretty Please? I'm not used to begging....but a mans got to do what a man. bla..bla..bla.
beaufincher@hotmail.com

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

bpikula

Hey Beau, I tried to send it 3 times and kept getting delivery failure notices. Something about "exceeded storage allocation". I'm not real gifted when it comes to computers, but I guess the file is too big for your end. If you, or any CIS majors out there, have got any suggestions let me know. Otherwise, you may have to wait on John to post the info on the gouge page.

beau

It's my fault because my hotmail account is friggin hugh. Once I delete some crap off of the site you should be able to send it. Sorry about that!

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

PeacoatMan

I haven't seen much action on the forum lately ... so I thought I might pose a question: is there anything better than flying?

Let me know what you all think.

Joey

gunnerdd972

Hey Dave, I just recived that Arco book on how to solve word problems last week. I am up to Ch 9. It seems to be going good so far, I am pleased with my progress. Did this book help you to get ready for the math portion on the ASTB?
Thanks for the help.

GM2(SW) Hosehead

Dave Shutter

Yes, it definitely helped me out a lot on the math portion of the MVT. Off the top of my head I would say that about 5-7 of the questions on the MVT portion of the test were algebra word problems. That's a big chunk of your grade. What was your major BTW, do you have trouble with math? What about mechanics?

Also, If your taking the ASTB soon then definitely get the USMC study guide off of Brad (bpikula). I got it off my E-mail and basically cried: "Sh*t, this is the f*cking test I took practically!!" I Wish I had it a few months before!

Good luck and remember to think like ICEMAN on the BIO:

You're fearless, you drive like a maniac, you kill at the drop of a hat, and you do not want to photograph flowers when you can study physics instead!!

The lesson herin:

See Dave...

See Dave work on his App. for 1 1/2 years...

See Dave get rejected for 1 BIO pt...

Don't be a Dave...

Good luck

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 05/16/2001 01:23:51

Dave Shutter

Hey Gunnerdd976...

I read your BIO, look's like you'll be in the boat I'm in now age-wise when you graduate. I hope the slowing economy in the coming years doesn't boost recruiting to the point where they aren't hurting for people anymore and will still consider someone your/our age for pilot. Remember, even if they go back to 27 for SNA, you can still get up to 24 mths. extention on the age max for equal time served. It's not automatic mind you, but they'll consider you, just make sure everything else looks good. Prior Popeye (vs. grunt) time should be a nice boost though on your app., and you know what to expect a lot more than other priors I suppose. Let us know how you do on your test.

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 05/16/2001 03:09:25

Tahoe

quote:
Also, If your taking the ASTB soon then definitely get the USMC study guide off of Brad (bpikula). I got it off my E-mail and basically cried: "Sh*t, this is the f*cking test I took practically!!" I Wish I had it a few months before!

Guys,

I can not tell you how much the USMC test is like the real thing, it's crazy!! I have no idea why the Navy does not put something together like that. It's unreal, almost the same test!! I have a copy of the USMC test if anyone wants me to scan it in I can. I promise it will help you much more than the ARCO book.

-Dave

bpikula

Gunner, I'm pretty sure that you sent me something and I e mailed that USMC study to you. If not let me know. Like Dave said, it is exactly the same. The math is not any different and the problems almost appear in the same order. Some of the problems had the EXACT same numbers. I also found it extremely helpful on the aviation/nautical info sections. Just remember Delta is an airline, not a Lunar Module. In other words, just about everything you need to know is covered in the prep guide. ARCO was basically useless to me. I worked those books front to back twice. Only helped with the mechanical comp and spacial apperception portions. If you have any brain waves at all, which I'm sure you are a smart guy, then you should have no problem with the mechanical stuff. Ex: when you back a car and swing it left, which way does the trailer go? Really, it's that easy!

gunnerdd972

Thank you eveyone for the help, I am glad this web-site is here for us. When I took the first two portions of the Test I failed it bad.(only because I just took a College Algebra final the same day!) But almost a year now I feel that I a ready to take this thing head on. I will let everyone know how it goes.
Thanks again.

GM2(SW) Hosehead

beau

Hey bpikula,

Could you try sending those again.........I never did recieve the email because my account was full.........by the way how big is the file.

beaufincher@hotmail.com

Finch

GO SOONERS!!!

bpikula

Beau, it's not too big, about 30 pages. I had the imaging people here at work scan it in and saved it as a word document. I tried again today to send it to you, but still no luck. I haven't had any problems with anyone else. You may need to clean out your account some more before it goes through.

Mcaf

Dave,
About the retake on the Bio being a form of lying. Who is to say that in your rage you didn't drive 100 mph and then went into the woods to shoot bambi. Everybody's bio changes daily. Maybe this could be a little ammo. Good Luck.

Dave Shutter

quote:...in your rage you didn't drive 100 mph and then went into the woods to shoot bambi.

Good point...

...but in defense of the Navy's preference for BIO tests (which I think is BS) I think that's an even less desirable pilot personality than the one I apparently demonstrated. No, I'm afraid that my only grounds for complaint when I write a letter to my congressman is that my recruiter (LT., USN) excercised either incompetence or mis-truthfulness when he informed me of my options as an applicant, that's all.

Thanx though...

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 05/17/2001 17:15:59

Status
Not open for further replies.