• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Army flying

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
zab1001 said:
yeah, we call it takeoff and landing

Excellent .... well said ;)

3-4-2002-9-4-a-6_intruder_final.jpg

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The ground has a P sub K of 1.00. That show of force would have sucked if you caught a skid and balled it up in front of those you were looking to intimidate.
Im not saying there isnt a time and place to get really really low but a tacitcal need to get below 20 feet is rare if ever.

KWpilot

I agree with you but my Aircrew Trainging Manual tells me that NOE flight is 0-25 feet above the highest obstacle and not to exceed 40 KIAS. I am just wondering if the Navy practice NOE flight and if their restrictions are more on the conservative side. Also the role of the KW is to scout and recon it is my job to fly low and provide cover and security.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
KWpilot said:
I agree with you but my Aircrew Trainging Manual tells me that NOE flight is 0-25 feet above the highest obstacle and not to exceed 40 KIAS. I am just wondering if the Navy practice NOE flight and if their restrictions are more on the conservative side ......

NOE @ 25 feet? Not to exceed 40 KIAS? Naaaaaa .... that's not NOE .. !!! You must mean "conservative Navy NOE" like this ...... right ???

52-Oman.jpg
VA-52 Knightriders

Now THAT's NAVY NOE ..... smiles, all smiles :) and just tryin' to help understanding :) )

(p.s. the A/C is 54 feet long with a 53 foot wingspan -- see the shadow? Do the math --- dowwn there you don't even need an altimeter --- and he ain't going' 40 KIAS, either. :) )

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Green side is 0-50 feet under 40 knots but a little higher and faster is much more survivable. As for A4s in the glory days, its a good thing youre in the Airlines now because none of the fast movers come down to play much any more. I think the term is JDAM truck.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
skidkid said:
Green side is 0-50 feet under 40 knots but a little higher and faster is much more survivable. As for A4s in the glory days, its a good thing youre in the Airlines now because none of the fast movers come down to play much any more. I think the term is JDAM truck.
Speak for yourself. ;) Prowler LL ingress really flips people out at Red Flag.

Good times,

Brett

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
KWpilot said:
But I wasnt doing a take off or landing I was doing a show of force!

for who? the dude in the humvee?

just busting balls. looked cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.