• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Based on what was said here, specifically that they are quickly planning to fill all 4 classes to the max which is 100 candidates each, it would make sense to why we will receive are FINSEL's within the next 30 days.
Who said you would? They have people from the Dec and Fed boards that are still waiting for OCS dates. Plus people that are age critical. Dude just take a chill pill and enjoy the free time you have now.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
With regards to the FINSEL letters: One of my pilot selects was picked at the late February board and we are still waiting for the FINSEL letter. However, his OCS date was selected in late March and could be seen in CIRIMS...31 August report date. As of yesterday, they are moving to the 31 Aug class FINSEL letters soon. Common practice is to issue FINSEL letters as your OCS date approaches so if you are graduating in Spring 2015 and get selected (we can submit officer packages a year out from graduation now), you shouldn't expect a FINSEL letter for a long time. As a common practice, I make it habit to check his OCS date in CIRIMS once a week just to make sure nothing has changed since he is planning on that date.

I also had a select at this board last week. No OCS date has appeared in CIRIMS yet but I'll continue to check so I can let him know. PROREC Y is the important thing for him.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
From my understanding, they will try to complete all necessary paperwork including the background investigation as soon as possible. I went in and had my finger prints taken prior to my Pro-Rec in order for them to be able to start the background as soon as possible following my Pro-Rec.

Not sure if background has to be complete prior to FINSEL?

Your BC does not have to be done prior to FINSEL. However, your NASIS is married up with your fingerprints from MEPS and submitted prior to package submission to the board. It is not uncommon for it to continue and even be interviewed, if necessary, at OCS. A fellow recruiter/lieutenant had that happen to him. This is why you sign a statement of understanding as part of your officer package stating that you understand that if something is uncovered that disqualifies you later, you may be discharged from naval service. (Public Reference: http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/publications/PDF FORMS/NAVPERS_1070_613 Clearance.pdf)

Kees

SNA Select
Just put the all the OCS gouge on a recording on my iphone....I think we all know what's gonna be bumping at the gym for the next few months.

Me reciting anchors aweigh and the code of conduct lol.

If you don't mindy asking, where did you get OCS gouge on audio? ITunes or something of the like?

mb1685

Perhaps he means he copied and pasted everything into a text-to-speech website and ripped the audio. Not a bad idea at all.

Perhaps he means he copied and pasted everything into a text-to-speech website and ripped the audio. Not a bad idea at all.

That's a better idea than I had, I was thinking he just recorded it with his own voice on like his iPhone or something. What website did you have in mind?

mb1685

That's a better idea than I had, I was thinking he just recorded it with his own voice on like his iPhone or something. What website did you have in mind?

No particular ones, but I remember Googling text-to-speech for fun a while ago and found quite a few that do it. I don't think any of them give you the option to save the audio, but I could be wrong. But if you have a basic digital audio workstation (like Audacity, which is free), you could set the recording input to your sound card's output and just press record while the site plays the audio. Then you could go back and edit it to split it up into different sections and save a bunch of different files so it's not one super long track.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Here is some good gouge from the OCS website we should all study. I filled in the blanks for the chain of command on page B-4 so you don't look have to look for it/type it in yourself.
7th person in the Chain of Command is wrong. There is a new CO at OTCN. Don't worry about the chain of command until you get to OCS. Just understand the positions but don't memorize them till you actually see what's in App B at OCS.

America

Here is some good gouge from the OCS website we should all study. I filled in the blanks for the chain of command on page B-4 so you don't look have to look for it/type it in yourself.
Thanks so much for filling those in for us bro! Saves us time from doing the searching. Time to start memorizing!

A.H.

"Billy the Kid"
Just chimming into this thread again: I was pro-recd for SNA and SNFO, just working some issues on my medical paperwork now. Hopefully I'll see some of you in OCS.

B619

This thread seems a bit dead now... How is everyone preparing for swimming? The last time I took swimming lessons was when I was a kid so I am planning to retake swimming lessons because I don't want to looks stupid in OCS. I can swim but I want to make sure it is done properly with better speed and endurance.