• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

brogdawg32

I'm only hitting the water once per week right now. Once I have my class date, one of my housemates who did swim in HS and college is going to give me some tips in the 2-3 weeks before shipping.

My main focus right now is getting that run down to max the PRT. Just got brand new running shoes so my feet finally don't hurt after haha

B619

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/navy/l/blnavyswim.htm

You only need to be able to complete the third-class swim qual while at OCS. API is where it gets kinda tough, but that's still pretty far off.
I guess I am stressing over the swim part. That seems too easy lol. But I want to prepare for the timed swimming and long distance swims

@brogdawg32 I think that's what I have to focus on more. I timed myself a few days ago and got 12:14 on the 1.5 mile run. I ran 11:50ish before this new job. I really want that finsel letter now so I can give my 2 weeks notice and train a lot more.

Also an update... I just got my fingerprints done and now I'm waiting for an interview. How is the interview like? Hopefully this process goes through on time

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
The interview is basically just verbally confirming everything you put down on your SF89. It's not a big deal. I expected some government suit-wearing drone, but the FBI interviewer was actually pretty nice.

brogdawg32

I'm guessing I'll get contacted in the next week or so if the investigator wants an interview, if not maybe he'll do it without one.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Just put the all the OCS gouge on a recording on my iphone....I think we all know what's gonna be bumping at the gym for the next few months.

Me reciting anchors aweigh and the code of conduct lol.

I'm planning on doing that myself. Oh wait... I haven't been picked up yet :p Doesn't hurt to start now though.

Mozart

another waiting game. Idnlike to see a traffic graph for this thread. Very bumpy. Can't wait to see who get their FINSEL first. I would bet on myself because I have probably the simplest ppacket of anyone and I had mine submitted in Feb, but who knows.

sorry for awful spelling.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
another waiting game. Idnlike to see a traffic graph for this thread. Very bumpy. Can't wait to see who get their FINSEL first. I would bet on myself because I have probably the simplest ppacket of anyone and I had mine submitted in Feb, but who knows.

sorry for awful spelling.
That has absolutely no bearing on how fast you should receive your FS. A lot of people in front of you from previous board are waiting. You will probably have a few months till you actually get it on top of another month till you actually report.

National OPO

All - getting harder for me to keep up with various questions or comments about "what happens next" on this specific blog string. As such, am going to start moving toward more info out via the "National OPO Blog". If you all end up having questions that I can perhaps help answer, feel free to shoot me a Conversation mes

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
All - getting harder for me to keep up with various questions or comments about "what happens next" on this specific blog string. As such, am going to start moving toward more info out via the "National OPO Blog". If you all end up having questions that I can perhaps help answer, feel free to shoot me a Conversation mes

Shouldn't their recruiter be telling them all this? Oh wait...

JonSmith89

Another 60R Driver
pilot
Just worry about passing the PRT standards in your age group with a good or excellent consistently. As for swimming.. we didn't do much at OCS but will do plenty at API. Goodluck, DI's and RDC's are one of the greatest gifts the Navy will give to you. You'll see.

I guess I am stressing over the swim part. That seems too easy lol. But I want to prepare for the timed swimming and long distance swims

@brogdawg32 I think that's what I have to focus on more. I timed myself a few days ago and got 12:14 on the 1.5 mile run. I ran 11:50ish before this new job. I really want that finsel letter now so I can give my 2 weeks notice and train a lot more.

Also an update... I just got my fingerprints done and now I'm waiting for an interview. How is the interview like? Hopefully this process goes through on time

thuntfx2

Can everyone who was pro-Y from this board keep in touch with information on when/if you receive FINSEL letter as well as OCS date. I look forward to following up with everyone.

thuntfx2

Oh congrats but I was hoping for sooner lol. My recruiter was indicating aug-sept timeframe which seemed faster than usual but I haven't heard back about anything official.