• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

brogdawg32

weird my OR said the same thing, stay out of trouble. Is this a common problem among recruits?! Lol.
Well it's one of the few ways to lose your ProRec, and it's something you have complete control over. Background and medical kinda are what they are

What made you want to switch (to the awesome side)?

Air Force isn't hiring pilots right now as their last couple boards had zero pilot slots or else they would have been my first choice as I have always wanted to fly the F-16 and F-22 Raptor. Also, their recruiting process for OTS is equivalent to an elderly snail, some guys wait a year after being selected to even get a class date. I actually tried to get in touch with a recruiter a couple times but waited a month with no response so I jumped on the Navy bandwagon and started studying for the ASTB. Plus I already have a family and want to start a career and I heard most guys ship out within 3 months of being selected for SNA so Navy was the way to go! And I don't regret any of it!

brogdawg32

I know @cb812 and I were in similar boat in that we both were trying to go USAF first. The boards got shut down in the middle of my application process and i hopped on the Navy bandwagon harder than I ever was for Air Force. I'm beyond content right now :)

tdogsmith

Dangle Meistro
Looks like you all made the right choice!

I personally never even considered the chair force even though the majority of jobs are more suitable to my education and I had an O-5 and ret. O-7 that are friends of my parents trying to convince me.

I admire the navy way of life and I dream of flying in combat (F/A-18 all the way!).

I don't know about you guys but I've had several opportunities for good jobs in the civilian sector, but I would never forgive myself if I didn't pursue this dream I've had. I like to think that it takes a special kind of person to aspire to commit a decade plus to serving their country when they already have a degree and are not bound to do so. For that I commend all of you!

Hopefully my OR answers his phone tomorrow!

brogdawg32

I like to think that it takes a special kind of person to aspire to commit a decade plus to serving their country when they already have a degree and are not bound to do so. For that I commend all of you!

Well, the general public seems to think so. They don't understand why we want to.

Also, I had a friend I hadn't talked in a whole congratulating me and asking some questions about what's next. She asked how long I planned on being in the Navy, I said I'm planning to do at least my 20 yrs. Her response: "Wow, that sucks. You can't even start a family till you're like 42 then. I see why military life can kind of suck now."

FACEPALM.

Looks like you all made the rig

I don't know about you guys but I've had several opportunities for good jobs in the civilian sector, but I would never forgive myself if I didn't pursue this dream I've had. I like to think that it takes a special kind of person to aspire to commit a decade plus to serving their country when they already have a degree and are not bound to do so. For that I commend all of you!

Amen to that. There's a certain kind of power in giving up a promising career for something bigger than yourself. Push every obstacle that has ever been placed in front of you. The sky is definitely not the limit

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, the general public seems to think so. They don't understand why we want to.

Also, I had a friend I hadn't talked in a whole congratulating me and asking some questions about what's next. She asked how long I planned on being in the Navy, I said I'm planning to do at least my 20 yrs. Her response: "Wow, that sucks. You can't even start a family till you're like 42 then. I see why military life can kind of suck now."
Geez, what an idiotic, uninformed view! I'd estimate that 90+% of career military members are happily married w/ children. Most manage career & family just fine, thank you Ma'am Civilian!:p
Magee Family @ Lemoore 1967.jpg
*The "Bee Clan" mid-career Sr. LT, between combat deployments - '67.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
People get divorced even in a civilian lifestyle. As far marriage in the military it's easily just as likely to make it. Just have to have a supporting and understanding wife. But it's on you as well to show them thanks for their commitment to you and your career.

tdogsmith

Dangle Meistro
Looks like my app was submitted a little too late to make this board. Thanks for the help @National OPO!

Congrats to everyone that did get selected! For those that missed like me, I'll see you all on the new thread where I'll be trolling for the next few months (again...).

T-Machine

Congratulations everybody. Quick question: How long does it usually take after getting Pro Rec-Y to signing the contract? Getting anxious to make it official.