• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

brogdawg32

Congratulations everybody. Quick question: How long does it usually take after getting Pro Rec-Y to signing the contract? Getting anxious to make it official.
You got a bit of a wait. See the final select purgatory thread. Anywhere from 1-7 months depending on if you're age critical. If you're not age critical I would expect 4-7 month wait

cb812

SNA
I know @cb812 and I were in similar boat in that we both were trying to go USAF first. The boards got shut down in the middle of my application process and i hopped on the Navy bandwagon harder than I ever was for Air Force. I'm beyond content right now :)

Agreed! Very happy with how things turned out for me. The mission of Naval Aviation, it's aircraft, lifestyle, and camaraderie of pilots is all pretty damn cool! And that is coming from someone who is on the outside looking in...

But for me... I am not out of the hole yet. Pro Rec was just one half of the puzzle. Now I need to get a seat in the July 20th class which is going to be tough. I am holding my celebration until my Final Selection.

Hybrid55

Nick
pilot
You got a bit of a wait. See the final select purgatory thread. Anywhere from 1-7 months depending on if you're age critical. If you're not age critical I would expect 4-7 month wait

Well National OPO actually said that there is a chance some of the July and Sept OCS classes are filled with the May board applicants (I would guess the age criticals) So for the rest of us I would think we have a shot at the October classes, which would imply at a faster Final Select letter than 4-7 months

Josh3714

Well National OPO actually said that there is a chance some of the July and Sept OCS classes are filled with the May board applicants (I would guess the age criticals) So for the rest of us I would think we have a shot at the October classes, which would imply at a faster Final Select letter than 4-7 months

When I got my PQ email last week I was told I will probably be in the September class because they're currently filling the July and August classes. Maybe AD has priority though....I'm not sure. A buddy of mine also AD was selected during the December board and he went to OCS in early February. He didn't have a lot of waiting around to do.

Last edited:

brogdawg32

Fair enough. I'm anticipating October class for myself as I have no priority to ship. Anything earlier than that will make me do a happy dance

cb812

SNA
I am hoping to know whether or not I make the July class by the end of the month... If so, I plan on putting in my two week notice as soon as I hear and using the month before I leave to work on staying in shape, studying the OCS gouge, and spending time with family.

cb812

SNA
Luckily, my recruiter is staying on top of my age critical status and is in regular contact with NRC about my class date. As soon as they confirm I am in, he will call and inform me...

Kees

SNA Select
I am actually hoping for a September/October class date. I'm age critical (turn 29 in February 2015), but I want a little more time to ensure I am 100% prepared academically and physically for both OCS and API.

Just got off the phone with my recruiter, he was saying Finsel letter in next 2-3 weeks and we should be getting into the Oct class dates at the LATEST!!

Are you age critical or was your OR speaking on behalf of all of us? My OR didn't say when I would get my FINSEL but he acted like it would be soon which makes no sense when most guys wait at least 3 months for one. Also, it seems like FINSELS are issued for the previous board selects right after the next board convenes. That means we wouldn't get one until August which seems true since they typically issue it about a month before you leave thus the September class would be where most of us go.

brogdawg32

He's only 21, so looks like speaking on behalf of all of us. My OR also thinks it will be very soon, that break in the fiscal year was reason for delay for other people. He didn't mention 2-3 weeks or anything like that tho