• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

Josh3714

@Josh3714

I still haven't recieved a single email regarding anything having to do with OCS. Did you recieve an email about your initial Pro Y as well? I'm somewhat concerned that I'm not getting any emails. Did that email come from Millington?

Anyway, nothing yet as far as being told that I am PQ. I did however swing by Mugu this afternoon and took care of a missing blood glucose test and had ALL of my LASIK paperwork faxed, scanned, copied and attached to my file. I also made sure the corpsman punched the glucose test into AERO.

Would be great to hear something via email from Millington sometime.

@AggieSwammer

Thanks for the insight, it's good to know that I am not alone. Yes my 2808 states all the proper information for my eyes, cyclo exam, goodlight etc.. I have all LASIK paperwork from my surgery on standby. Everything else medically is checked and done. I suppose now all I do is wait.

No I didn't. I got my initial Pro Y from mine and my commanders BOL. The email about being PQ'd came from NRC the day after. How did you know you still had missing medical stuff to do?

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

If you retake your ASTB I will slap you. Those are good scores man, stop worrying.

I would agree at this point in time that he shouldn't retake the ASTB, however before acceptance rates shot up to unbelivable I did not see a person accepted with anything less than a 7 no matter what the GPA was, if he is seen by the board and a non select then he should retake.

eventually the cycle will even out with all the changes NRC has done and the rates will probably go back to the cycling between 25-75%

kingneptune117

Is there a general trend as to how acceptance rates fluctuate? Do they tend to spike up to very high rates and then back down to very low rates over time, or do they stay fairly constant?

Last edited:

avid

Pro Rec Y SNA
@Josh3714

I just swung by medical to double check on everything after I heard about your PQ and the corpsman said I was missing it.

Have any other AD guys recieved their PQ notice yet?

Josh3714

@Josh3714

I just swung by medical to double check on everything after I heard about your PQ and the corpsman said I was missing it.

Have any other AD guys recieved their PQ notice yet?

I guess that's why you haven't gotten your PQ yet. Good question. I'm not sure who else is AD on here.
I was surprised I got mine 3 days after the board convened.

exNavyOffRec

Is there a general trend as to how acceptance rates fluctuate? Do they tend to spike up to very high rates and then back down to very low rates over time, or do they stay fairly constant?

The thing is some of the things have changed in the past few years, NRC tried some different things so with many variables it is hard to actually predict fluctuations from the past to the future, for instance the 25-75% rates were when boards were nearly every month, then they tried to have a few spring boards and a few fall boards and that didn't work the best and they also instituted that you need to have a PQ for submission, which before you didn't, I saw many that were pro Y for SNA that ended up not being qualified after getting a physical, so now those would not even go to board, you take those out of the equation from the 25-75% selection rate then that rate goes up.

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
The thing is some of the things have changed in the past few years, NRC tried some different things so with many variables it is hard to actually predict fluctuations from the past to the future, for instance the 25-75% rates were when boards were nearly every month, then they tried to have a few spring boards and a few fall boards and that didn't work the best and they also instituted that you need to have a PQ for submission, which before you didn't, I saw many that were pro Y for SNA that ended up not being qualified after getting a physical, so now those would not even go to board, you take those out of the equation from the 25-75% selection rate then that rate goes up.
That makes a ton of sense. Also sounds quite a bit more efficient.

Facepalm

SNA hopeful
not to mention you don't have guys getting the great news of a pro Y then have that feeling sink when they are NPQ, this way is just much more fair to the applicant.
I couldn't imagine that happening. In finance they say you feel a loss about 8 times as much as you feel a gain(emotionaly). I couldn't fathom 8 times the loss of today's gain right now lol.

Last edited:
@avid I got my pq notice too. I think medical dropped the ball and didn't do your waiver while you were waiting for the board, but once you get it you'll be pq.