• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

Heard back from my Processor, my status is still "at PM" as of this afternoon. However, she doesn't know about the results being released so who knows. Looks like I'm only going to get one more shot before I age out Q1 of next year (assuming the board only meets every two months or so). Looks like I'll be joining the July/August board crew. It's been a pleasure everyone.

If I retake my ASTB will it reset my place in line for the next board?

My recruiter told me that this afternoon they still hadn't updated CIRIMS. That means that just because it says at PM doesn't mean you didn't get selected, they just could have not updated it yet.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Here is the thread to the next round of boards, for those of us that will be joining them.
http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/june-july-aug-2014-sna-nfo-boards.41844/

My recruiter told me that this afternoon they still hadn't updated CIRIMS. That means that just because it says at PM doesn't mean you didn't get selected, they just could have not updated it yet.
Wait what? I thought your stuff had to be pro-board or at-board to be considered. Okay now I'm just confused.
So your CRIMIS status will still say "at PM" even after a board has convened? So is this a case of Schrodingers cat (our kit is simultaneously at board and not at board)?
Granted my processor isn't aware of the board results dropping yet. So maybe too soon to give up all hope?

Last edited:
Here is the thread to the next round of boards, for those of us that will be joining them.
http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/june-july-aug-2014-sna-nfo-boards.41844/

Wait what? I thought your stuff had to be pro-board or at-board to be considered. Okay now I'm just confused.
So your CRIMIS status will still say "at PM" even after a board has convened? So is this a case of Schrodingers cat (our kit is simultaneously at board and not at board)?
Granted my processor isn't aware of the board results dropping yet. So maybe too soon to give up all hope?

Whoops my bad dude. You need to be "PROBOARD" to go to the board to get selected. Looks like you didn't make it because your stuck "At PM", sorry guess I'm just a little tipsy from drinking.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Whoops my bad dude. You need to be "PROBOARD" to go to the board to get selected. Looks like you didn't make it because your stuck "At PM", sorry guess I'm just a little tipsy from drinking.
That is what I thought, and no worries. I guess I should have taken my OR's input on the matter with a grain of salt regarding timelines.
I'm starting to be convinced my OR doesn't even have a CRIMIS login since he punts all questions to the processor. I don't think he is following the status of my kit. So that just leaves the one processor for one of the larger geographic districts of the nation to look after it. I stayed up for nearly two nights putting all of my NASIS information in after being told to fill out the paper SF-86. Every piece of paper requested I had turned in on 17Mar, and my kit didn't get uploaded until 14Apr.
Whatever happens I absolutely have to start OCS by Dec 1 or I'm done. Should give me one more try.
But seriously I don't know why your still at the PM if you submitted all your stuff months ago.
You tell me.... /s

I just wish I knew if my name was on the list, that would give me 100% confirmation of whether or not my kit made it. As opposed to being 99.9% sure it didn't.

Turns out I missed this board by 2 days. Just inches away leads to a few months longer of a wait.

If your applying for SNA then I would probably use the time this summer while your waiting for the next board to retake the ASTB. Most of us civilians/priors who got selected had at least a 6 or two. You have a good OAR score but two 5's and a 4 isn't really good. Some of the guys who were Active Duty were picked up with 5's but then again they are active duty and in the Navy already. If I were you I would study the aviation parts more and retake. Not trying to come off offensive in any way or degrade you, just giving an honest opinion. All of the recruiters on here say that they weigh ASTB scores the most out of anything because it resembles how well you will do in flight school. You have at least 3 months until the next board so it wouldn't hurt to raise your scores which would in turn raise your chances for selection. This board had a high rate which was 78% but who knows what the next board will be, just don't want to see you not make it.

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
You and me both! It has been a long road, but the juice was worth the squeeze.

Nice turn of phrase there.

And gotta agree with Jack on the advice there. With an OAR score that high, I'm sure you are capable of much better ASTB scores, and that will make a huge difference.

tdogsmith

Dangle Meistro
Congrats everyone that's pro-rec'd!

Still waiting on my results. Haven't got ahold of my OR yet, now I'm starting to doubt my package was submitted. I took his word for it that I would make it to this board so we'll see.

You and me both! It has been a long road, but the juice was worth the squeeze.

I love your avatar, I was actually going to use it but then I saw you had it. Too bad you can't shrink it so it shows him giving the bird. The first time I saw archer making fun of top gun I LMAO.

Congrats everyone that's pro-rec'd!

Still waiting on my results. Haven't got ahold of my OR yet, now I'm starting to doubt my package was submitted. I took his word for it that I would make it to this board so we'll see.

If you did make it, you def got selected with those scores. However, I know the feeling of having to put your trust into one person. It sucks to never have some reassurance. If I had "trusted" that my package was PROBOARD I would have missed this board (it was stuck at NRC for a month, not even at the PM). Always double check EVERYTHING.

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
If you did make it, you def got selected with those scores. However, I know the feeling of having to put your trust into one person. It sucks to never have some reassurance. If I had "trusted" that my package was PROBOARD I would have missed this board (it was stuck at NRC for a month, not even at the PM). Always double check EVERYTHING.

Ditto. Mine was stuck as awaiting NUPOC selection until I called up and had the OR check on it.