• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
If your applying for SNA then I would probably use the time this summer while your waiting for the next board to retake the ASTB. Most of us civilians/priors who got selected had at least a 6 or two. You have a good OAR score but two 5's and a 4 isn't really good. Some of the guys who were Active Duty were picked up with 5's but then again they are active duty and in the Navy already. If I were you I would study the aviation parts more and retake. Not trying to come off offensive in any way or degrade you, just giving an honest opinion. All of the recruiters on here say that they weigh ASTB scores the most out of anything because it resembles how well you will do in flight school. You have at least 3 months until the next board so it wouldn't hurt to raise your scores which would in turn raise your chances for selection. This board had a high rate which was 78% but who knows what the next board will be, just don't want to see you not make it.
I'm probably going to retake mine. That is what my concern was. I know my ASTB scores are low, but I had a really good GPA in college in a STEM field. So if I needed to retake I would. If not then I wasn't going to worry about it. Looks like I'll be retaking mine as well.

If you did make it, you def got selected with those scores. However, I know the feeling of having to put your trust into one person. It sucks to never have some reassurance. If I had "trusted" that my package was PROBOARD I would have missed this board (it was stuck at NRC for a month, not even at the PM). Always double check EVERYTHING.
yeah that doesn't work when you leave voicemails, leave messages, and text and you never hear back. That was my problem. I couldn't get in touch with ANYONE. Kind of hard to trust but verify when you can't get the verify component down. I know I'm starting to sound like a whiney applicant, and I'll stop now, but I haven't had the best experience.

I'm probably going to retake mine. That is what my concern was. I know my ASTB scores are low, but I had a really good GPA in college in a STEM field. So if I needed to retake I would. If not then I wasn't going to worry about it. Looks like I'll be retaking mine as well.

yeah that doesn't work when you leave voicemails, leave messages, and text and you never hear back. That was my problem. I couldn't get in touch with ANYONE. Kind of hard to trust but verify when you can't get the verify component down. I know I'm starting to sound like a whiney applicant, and I'll stop now, but I haven't had the best experience.

If you retake your ASTB I will slap you. Those are good scores man, stop worrying.

tdogsmith

Dangle Meistro
Yeah I originally asked my OR for status updates but he insisted that I stand by until something changed. I think he's pretty new to being OR as in I'm one of his first candidates because his level of communication isn't very good compared with what I've heard with most of you all.

Just got ahold of my processor but he said he was walking out the door and to call tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be joining you all sooner than later!

Cheers!

Yeah I originally asked my OR for status updates but he insisted that I stand by until something changed. I think he's pretty new to being OR as in I'm one of his first candidates because his level of communication isn't very good compared with what I've heard with most of you all.

Just got ahold of my processor but he said he was walking out the door and to call tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be joining you all sooner than later!

Cheers!

Yeah I would have hated to be a "test/experimental" applicant for a brand new OR.

varlogkern

If you retake your ASTB I will slap you. Those are good scores man, stop worrying.
Okay... If you say so... Heh. :p This time I would do a lot better. I wouldn't spend half the test being blindsided by it. That said, hedging one shot on my ASTB scores before you age out, willing to take that risk?

Yeah I would have hated to be a "test/experimental" applicant for a brand new OR.
My kit was the first kit my OR put together. And umm.. Yeah I got the same "don't call us we'll call you" speech. I ignored it and attempted contact every week just to check in. Because I'm sure as heck not hedging my bets on a future career/lifestyle on a new guy making mistakes. Then came the weeks of leaving messages, voicemails, emails without hearing back.

/rant

Last edited:
Okay... If you say so... Heh. This time I would do a lot better. I wouldn't spend half the test being blindsided by it. That said, hedging one shot on my ASTB scores before you age out, willing to take that risk?

My kit was the first kit my OR put together. And umm.. Yeah I got the same "don't call us we'll call you" speech. I ignored it and attempted contact every week just to check in. Because I'm sure as heck not hedging my bets on a future career/lifestyle on a new guy making mistakes. Then came the weeks of leaving messages, voicemails, emails without hearing back.

/rant

I had a crap recruiter when I was going to try to go AF as an officer. I know the feeling of neglect. Maybe try to find someone else?

varlogkern

I had a crap recruiter when I was going to try to go AF as an officer. I know the feeling of neglect. Maybe try to find someone else?
Yep, the individual I contacted for AF officer programs did me a favor. He wrote me off before I even started the process with him. He lied to me a few times, told me rules I knew were wrong to keep me from pursuing it further with him. He bragged about how his office was over 8 states and how I was taking up his time. Needless to say it left a really bad taste in my mouth for the Air Force.

Finding someone else? I almost want to, but really what good would it do me. I can get the information from the horses mouth both the NOPO and individuals such as Rufio. So it is up to me to make sure that all of the info in my kit is correct. Maybe find another individual who will check to ask why things aren't moving but that is about it.

unclelou

Recruiter said, too many applicants at this board so I was pushed to the next one probably in august. But I did make supply if I want to get it in June. My scores are 5 5 6--47. I'm retaking for sure. Do you have any suggestions?

CodyLand

Enter custom title here
pilot
I may not have received my Pro-Rec today, but that doesn't mean I can't drink, right?
samuel-adams-glass-another-pint-please.jpg

brogdawg32

Agreed on the ASTB. 49/6/7/5 just got picked up....

My background investigation is now open, all my rights to privacy signed away. Only pending item for me is to submit my final transcript in 2 weeks, then wait for FINSEL :)