• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
I'm from San Diego and I got a call from my recruiter from Moreno Valley at 1400

To cut the convo short...
Chief: Do you want the good news or the bad news first?
Me: Bad news first
Chief: You have six months to graduate because you turn 27 soon
Me: What's the good news?
Chief: You got selected
Me: For NFO or Pilot?
Chief: Both

Pro-Rec Y! Now let's hope that I leave by the 10th of August for OCS.
And.... CONGRATS! And I just got a lot more optimistic about my kit, your stats are the closest to mine that have been selected.
----
I'm becoming the congratulations bot I think.

My applicants (for the most part) never call/email me because I've earned their trust that I will inform them of any news once I receive it. I've kept them updated with the process the entire time and they know I will continue throughout it.

On your end, it doesn't hurt to follow up with your recruiter every few days or so. Anything sooner than that I say is redundant.
Thank you for your advice. I've been told don't bother contacting more often than every two weeks. And when I've spoken to my OR he directs me to my processor since he doesn't have any additional information.

So maybe im a day late but what is FINSEL(final select i assume)? Just the official letter that you get if you are selected at boards?
I'm going to butcher this, but I understand the FINSEL (Final Select Letter) is the document assigning you to an OCS class. It is what you get after you are Pro-Y and all of your other things are sorted (NASIS, MEPS, etc).

Mozart

And.... CONGRATS! And I just got a lot more optimistic about my kit, your stats are the closest to mine that have been selected.
----

Thank you for your advice. I've been told don't bother contacting more often than every two weeks. And when I've spoken to my OR he directs me to my processor since he doesn't have any additional information.

I'm going to butcher this, but I understand the FINSEL (Final Select Letter) is the document assigning you to an OCS class. It is what you get after you are Pro-Y and all of your other things are sorted (NASIS, MEPS, etc).
awesome thanks.

haha I emailed my processor a while back. Never got a word back. He's a cool guy but seemed pretty busy so I understand. I didn't push it and stayed in contact with the one who didn't seem to hate me pestering them. I don't think I was that bad. Checked up MAYBE every week just to let her know I was still alive and kicking.

I've got every t crossed and I dotted so hopefully my finsel goes smoothly and I get an early date. But we all know how the Navy is now don't we.

I guess I should get back to work, those neutrons aren't going to accelerate themselves. (any nuke guys around here?)

----

All of us have scored at least one 6 on the ASTB so I think we all don't have anything to worry about. I would only worry if you had a 5 or below. Assuming everyone on here has no legal issues I believe that everyone of us will get a slot.

varlogkern

awesome thanks.

haha I emailed my processor a while back. Never got a word back. He's a cool guy but seemed pretty busy so I understand. I didn't push it and stayed in contact with the one who didn't seem to hate me pestering them. I don't think I was that bad. Checked up MAYBE every week just to let her know I was still alive and kicking.

I've got every t crossed and I dotted so hopefully my finsel goes smoothly and I get an early date. But we all know how the Navy is now don't we.
I guess I should get back to work, those neutrons aren't going to accelerate themselves. (any nuke guys around here?)
That is what I did. Just a quick message every Monday saying "Hey still alive, I'm still here and interested, let me know if I need to do anything"

Not a nuke, but I'm fascinated by nuclear physics, from what I can read on Wikipedia and watch pretty animations of on youtube :p and very fascinated by these

All of us have scored at least one 6 on the ASTB so I think we all don't have anything to worry about. I would only worry if you had a 5 or below. Assuming everyone on here has no legal issues I believe that everyone of us will get a slot.
Nope just a silly minor medical waiver.
-----

Okay this is a question that has been bugging me for a while. Assuming a person is Pro-Y for the applied slot (SNA, SNFO, SWO, NUPOC, etc), is there any advantage or reason to take the ASTB (or just OAR) again to try and get a higher score? Does the ASTB ever come into play again at a later date? Or it just purely an exam to get your foot in the door and never looked at again?

MGoBrew11

pilot
Okay this is a question that has been bugging me for a while. Assuming a person is Pro-Y for the applied slot (SNA, SNFO, SWO, NUPOC, etc), is there any advantage or reason to take the ASTB (or just OAR) again to try and get a higher score? Does the ASTB ever come into play again at a later date? Or it just purely an exam to get your foot in the door and never looked at again?

They won't give you jets unless you scored at least a 9/9/9 70

That is what I did. Just a quick message every Monday saying "Hey still alive, I'm still here and interested, let me know if I need to do anything"

Not a nuke, but I'm fascinated by nuclear physics, from what I can read on Wikipedia and watch pretty animations of on youtube :p and very fascinated by these

Nope just a silly minor medical waiver.
-----

ASTB is just for the application that gets seen by the board. Once your Pro-Y you move onto the next challenge which is patience.

varlogkern

ASTB is just for the application that gets seen by the board. Once your Pro-Y you move onto the next challenge which is patience.
Okay that is what I was thinking, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't forgot something blindingly obvious. I'll take my licks for asking the dumb question of the day.

Bronco

Lurking Member
its jets or heli for me. Won't cetch me in a c130 etc.

Whoa whoa whoa... do you even know what your talking about? The C-130 is an awesome plane, one of my favorites... if you knew anything about its history, you wouldn't say such awful things. :mad:

varlogkern

Last edited: