• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

Mozart

I will fly a broom if they ask me to.
LOL quote of my day.

Bronco: Im not a aviation histroy buff. The C-130 is an awesome machine, I just dont want to fly it. I know where my talents are suited and I know where I am most suited. Im not saying I would turn down an offer if thats all they give me, BUT if I can make jets or helis somehow I am damn sure going to do it.

Plus after 20 yrs flying helis I would love to "retire" and fly S&R in CO.

Now if youll excuse me I am off to celebrate. ;)

Edit: happy accidental 100th page post.

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
LOL quote of my day.

Bronco: Im not a aviation histroy buff. The C-130 is an awesome machine, I just dont want to fly it. I know where my talents are suited and I know where I am most suited. Im not saying I would turn down an offer if thats all they give me, BUT if I can make jets or helis somehow I am damn sure going to do it.

Plus after 20 yrs flying helis I would love to "retire" and fly S&R in CO.

Now if youll excuse me I am off to celebrate. ;)

Edit: happy accidental 100th page post.
Enjoy your adult beverages. I hope to join the Pro-Y(ers) in a toast soon.

B619

@Mozart Haha my recruiter actually said I'd be stupid if I didn't pick Pilot as my first choice. Although I'm leaning towards NFO :(

@varlogkern Thanks! I'm pretty sure you have a good shot with having a much better GPA. Good luck and I hope to see you at OCS

Congrats to those who got their Pro Y's today and good luck to those still waiting. We'll get more good news tomorrow.

@brogdawg32 well said. I will take whatever I can get even if it's a magic carpet and I have to sing the whole time. Leaning toward fast movers though. Like a really fast carpet...or broom...or whatever I can get my hands on.

This is a total newb question and I know people have hinted around it so I'll be the dumby to come out and ask, @National OPO help us out here. Baring any hang ups with medical (LASIK waiver in my case), say we've got our background check done (I'm a prior), we're not aging out this year and now we know we're ProRec Y, what are the chances that we wouldn't receive a Final Selection Letter? How confident can we be??

Can you please just chisel it in stone, have it signed by the President & God Himself and then FedEx it overnight to me? Is that too much to ask??!

But seriously. Now I'm getting nervous all over again.

Mozart

so I know there are posts for this but....can someone give me the dirty details of what an NFO does exactly. I have an idea but want to be sure. What the navy says it is isn't always what it is on a daily basis.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good thing I don't want jets. Jets are for kids :) Quote from my professor lol. Prior P3 Captain.
I'm okay being a kid.
Obviously I'm full of it. I'd select tail hooks in a heart beat if I was able to.
*Note from a retired jet tailhooker. Seriously, if you desire to be "a kid", as I did long ago... in a galaxy far away, in API, & primary/basic, you have to work your buns off. This includes putting priority on learning to fly over local night life, and all other distractions. Being prepared for each and every flight (actual or simulator). Studying, and knowing your EPs, and individual procedures for each syllabus flight. To get jets, your total flight performance grades are the KEY!;)

Of course being brilliant, handsome, and cool doesn't hurt either!:p
BzB, taking a bow:cool:

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
so I know there are posts for this but....can someone give me the dirty details of what an NFO does exactly. I have an idea but want to be sure. What the navy says it is isn't always what it is on a daily basis.
It's all laid out for you in great detail, in the NFO Forum.:)
BzB