• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I also saw an F-22 take off 90 degrees into the sky and disappear the other day when I was at the base gym which was badass. I've driven right by the hangars on Randolph and Lackland and its awesome to see some of these planes up close. Not only that but a couple weeks ago when I was at seaworld the entire day there were F-16's fully loaded flying right over my head. I asked my brother why I seemed like the only one to look up in awe at them flying, he said probably because I'm on the road to be there.

Yeah, that's motivation. Back in the day, I reported to Pensacola as an SNA, directly from duty on a fleet submarine. I had long decided to shoot for multi-engine ASW (S-2 Trackers then), I figured my undersea experience woukd help. Halfway through Preflight (API), a fleet ENS flew an F4D Skyray in for an afternoon "show & tell" for the SNAs.

The walkaround was interesting; however, I remained committed to the ASW goal, that is UNTIL our 'rock star' ENS banged his AB, and roared down the runway, lifted off, sucked up gear & flaps pulled up into a 90 deg. climb 'til out of sight (BTW, the 'Ford; held the world time-to-climb record at that time)! Talk about a A/C type change and motivation boost in about 30 seconds.:eek:

I ended up getting jets, but 18 mos after the demo, when I winged... the Ford was on it's way out due to short range and CV landing problems. So I got orders to VF-94 flying FJ Furys. Great bird & squadron, the rest is history!:)

Stay motivated.
VF-94 FJ-3M  c. 1958.jpg
BzB

Last edited:
Yeah, that's motivation. Back in the day, I reported to Pensacola as an SNA, directly from duty on a fleet submarine. I had long decided to shoot for multi-engine ASW (S-2 Trackers then), I figured my undersea experience woukd help. Halfway through Preflight (API), a fleet ENS flew an F4D Skyray in for an afternoon "show & tell" for the SNAs.

The walkaround was interesting; however, I remained committed to the ASW goal, that is UNTIL our 'rock star' ENS banged his AB, and roared down the runway, lifted off, sucked up gear & flaps pulled up into a 90 deg. climb 'til out of sight (BTW, the 'Ford; held the world time-to-climb record at that time)! Talk about a A/C type change and motivation boost in about 30 seconds.:eek:

I ended up getting jets, but 18 mos after the demo, when I winged... the Ford was on it's way out due to short range and CV landing problems. So I got orders to VF-94 flying FJ Furys. Great bird & squadron, the rest is history!:)

Stay motivated.
View attachment 13585
BzB

Haha good story and thanks for sharing. YouTube videos do not do these planes justice, I mean until you see and hear them up close and in person you really don't know how badass they are. I will definitely stay motivated with all the action going on right over my house, thanks again!

brogdawg32

If you guys needed any motivation for PT...

Holy goosebumps batman, I went HARD in the gym tonight after watching that

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
Looking again at this post, do you risk being bumped for not being 20/20 at OCS? That's just the tone I got so wasn't sure
No as long as you're correctable to 20/20 you should be fine. But you are taking the eye exam under a lot of stress, lack of sleep and food.

Bronco

Lurking Member
Whoo time to stop trolling these boards and contribute. Put my stats on that (controversial?) spreadsheet, love the rack and stack.

While we're on the topic of vision, anyone else fail the circles depth perception test at MEPS? Could be an even bigger issue with little/no sleep.

The_Pants

If you guys needed any motivation for PT...

Holy goosebumps batman, I went HARD in the gym tonight after watching that
1) I have no idea how to get that cut and lean without taking any supplements. He has to be on something. 2) I'm working on getting a bigger chest but I am plateauing. Can't even get a decent pump. Any suggestions?

The_Pants

I live right by Randolph AFB where they do both primary and advanced flight training. T-6's fly right in front of my bedroom windows all day long, they fly right over my head when I do my daily run, talk about motivation! I also saw an F-22 take off 90 degrees into the sky and disappear the other day when I was at the base gym which was badass. I've driven right by the hangars on Randolph and Lackland and its awesome to see some of these planes up close. Not only that but a couple weeks ago when I was at seaworld the entire day there were F-16's fully loaded flying right over my head. I asked my brother why I seemed like the only one to look up in awe at them flying, he said probably because I'm on the road to be there.
Best motivation is when the Blue Angels demonstration team come to town. That'll get your jaw dropping. Lucky for me they are returning to Thunder Over Louisville next Saturday! It's going to be bad ass.

The_Pants

Whoo time to stop trolling these boards and contribute. Put my stats on that (controversial?) spreadsheet, love the rack and stack.

While we're on the topic of vision, anyone else fail the circles depth perception test at MEPS? Could be an even bigger issue with little/no sleep.
Best advice I was given is yeah get lots of sleep before the eye exam/flight physical to rest your eyes. Don't watch too much TV or be on the computer before the exam. hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and get some eye lube haha. Refresh Optive eye lubricant individual pack is the best. Don't get the large bottles because they have preservatives that will actually dry out your eyes.

cb812

SNA
Let's hope there are more guys not on this forum than there are on the forum. Hoping for an April board.

1) I have no idea how to get that cut and lean without taking any supplements. He has to be on something. 2) I'm working on getting a bigger chest but I am plateauing. Can't even get a decent pump. Any suggestions?

Try changing up your chest routine, do different lifts or different weights/reps. This will usually help get past a plateau and get you your pump as you will be working slightly different muscle fibers with the different lifts.

brogdawg32

I have friends who are natty and look like that. They eat perfect 24/7. and go to work in the gym. They also have genetics which are conducive to looking like that.

What's your height/weight/current bench press? Generally I'd just say you're not eating enough to make gains, but if I know the above I could see if you should be hitting a wall or not.