• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Where'd you guys get this picture of me?
Let's hope there are more guys not on this forum than there are on the forum. Hoping for an April board.

Try changing up your chest routine, do different lifts or different weights/reps. This will usually help get past a plateau and get you your pump as you will be working slightly different muscle fibers with the different lifts.
Best way to cut up big time is to do a hard set then do cardio. Hit the next set of whatever you are doing, hit cardio. Repeat, repeat repeat

The_Pants

I have friends who are natty and look like that. They eat perfect 24/7. and go to work in the gym. They also have genetics which are conducive to looking like that.

What's your height/weight/current bench press? Generally I'd just say you're not eating enough to make gains, but if I know the above I could see if you should be hitting a wall or not.
5'6" - 155lbs - and bench is 120lbs. I don't do too much benching b/c there's a smith machine and it kills my shoulders sometimes. I usually work with dumbbells at 45-50 incline/decline. I had substantial gains but now my body is just not getting that pump. And I eat enough, I think, between 3000-3500 calories.

A lot of it has to do with genetics. All I do for strength training is curl 40 ibs each arm over ten times and do about 30 dips and 100 pushups 6 days a week and my arms and chest are pretty solid. If I did more I could probably get pretty big but right now I'm more focused on cardio.

brogdawg32

5'6" - 155lbs - and bench is 120lbs. I don't do too much benching b/c there's a smith machine and it kills my shoulders sometimes. I usually work with dumbbells at 45-50 incline/decline. I had substantial gains but now my body is just not getting that pump. And I eat enough, I think, between 3000-3500 calories.
3000-3500 is good as long as you're hitting your macros. If you want mass and strength gains get on the bench with a barbell, no way around that really. If you just do pushups and dumbbells you can build enough endurance to do a lot of pushups, but for overall strength, 155 pushing 120 is not very good. If you bench 2-3 times a week on a linear progression program (starting strength, strong lifts), you could probably add 70lb to that bench in like 9 months

Last edited:

cb812

SNA

What is your bench routine... how much weight/how many reps/how may sets/how often?

unclelou

there are 26 heads in the spreadsheet
im gathering that there are more people who are applying who dont know about this site.
question is...
how many are there?

cb812

SNA
there are 26 heads in the spreadsheet
im gathering that there are more people who are applying who dont know about this site.
question is...
how many are there?

I am sure there are ppl on the site that have not posted too. I would says there is at least 50 ppl total so far. Better yet, 100 and we'll get news the board will convene week after next! Wishful thinking...

I am sure there are ppl on the site that have not posted too. I would says there is at least 50 ppl total so far. Better yet, 100 and we'll get news the board will convene week after next! Wishful thinking...

Yeah the wait is killer.