• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Top to bottom eye exam for me is $115. I also don't have vision insurance. Could be different for you if you do. There is no guarantee its going to be the same as the ocs flight eye exam though. Close is good for me though.

Last edited:

cb812

SNA
I can't stand it when the F-18s take off next to my work. I WANT TO FLY YOU...
At least you have some cool birds to look at. I just have commercial airlines flying over me to land at SLC Intl. Only fun when they've got a nasty crosswind and are coming in sideways....

On occasion we'll see some KC135's flying into the ANG base at SLC Intl. and F-16's flying into Hill but that is about it.

Last edited:

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Top to bottom eye exam for me is $115. I also don't have vision insurance. Could be different for you if you do. There is no guarantee its going to be the same as the ocs flight eye exam though. Close is good for me though.
Did they dilate your eyes and shine bright lights into them?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
yes, checked for detached retina, cataracts all the other good stuff back there. Did peripheral check, refraction stuff, gave me the full script for glasses/contacts. It'd be good to request depth perception in advance because they dont usually do that stuff

I can't stand it when the F-18s take off next to my work. I WANT TO FLY YOU...

I live right by Randolph AFB where they do both primary and advanced flight training. T-6's fly right in front of my bedroom windows all day long, they fly right over my head when I do my daily run, talk about motivation! I also saw an F-22 take off 90 degrees into the sky and disappear the other day when I was at the base gym which was badass. I've driven right by the hangars on Randolph and Lackland and its awesome to see some of these planes up close. Not only that but a couple weeks ago when I was at seaworld the entire day there were F-16's fully loaded flying right over my head. I asked my brother why I seemed like the only one to look up in awe at them flying, he said probably because I'm on the road to be there.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
yes, checked for detached retina, cataracts all the other good stuff back there. Did peripheral check, refraction stuff, gave me the full script for glasses/contacts. It'd be good to request depth perception in advance because they dont usually do that stuff
You need glasses?

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
no, the script was used to show what it took to correct me to 20/20 since I had to get verification I was correctable. Didn't go through MEPS the traditional way. I'm 20/30 correctable to 20/20 left - 20/25 correctable to 20/20 right

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Got it. So they don't care if you don't wear anything, either way you get glasses if you aren't 20/20?

no, the script was used to show what it took to correct me to 20/20 since I had to get verification I was correctable. Didn't go through MEPS the traditional way. I'm 20/30 correctable to 20/20 left - 20/25 correctable to 20/20 right

No worse than 20/40 and your 20/30. That's close, hope NAMI doesn't screw you.

Last edited: