• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

avid

Pro Rec Y SNA
@AggieSwammer

My doc told me the same thing. I decided to swing by after I was notified of being Pro Y and they told me they haven't even submitted anything yet into their new Aero system on the LASIK waiver. They also told me that they "forgot" to do the correct lab and that I needed a blood glucose test, which they immediately scheduled for this week. Frustrated as well.

I'm still unclear on how the LASIK waiver actually works, my flight surgeon simply annotated that a LASIK waiver was recommended, I feel like I need to do something, but haven't been told to by anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: HTR
@avid should have known I wasn't alone. You never are.

So, assuming you had the cycloplegic refraction and that was annotated within your 2808, then the rest is up to them. NAMI has a form that the flight corpsman enter all your measurements into and if everything falls within this document's predetermined margins, it auto populates a "waiver recommended" field. They submit that with your physical and all of your pre, op & postoperative notes through the new Aero system. Then 6-12 weeks later wala! a stork delivers your waiver. Unless they forgot one single thing, then you get nothing. At least, this is my understanding.

I completely made up that time frame.

Good luck to the non priors tomorrow. Hope y'all get the word soon so you can relax!