• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

cb812

SNA
I'm age critical as well, I was able to get a prior service age waiver for NFO but not for SNA, so that was weird.

SNA applicants can get a waiver up to 29 years old, 24 months after age 27 cutoff. NFO is a bit longer I believe, I want to say that it's 31, 48 months after age 27 cutoff.... this might be why you were able to get a waiver for NFO and not SNA.

I have a feeling that the board will meet by the end of this month, it seems were getting new people on this thread almost every day which means the PM's desk is getting crowded.

cb812

SNA
I talked with my recruiter yesterday just after he had a little convo with an apparent "aviation guru at NRC headquarters" (possibly the PM, who knows?). He had called his "guru" to discuss some issues with my age critical status...anyway, my OR mentioned a "possible date of the week of April 24th"..... don't hold me to this but at least some dates are being thrown around... getting close dudes!

I talked with my recruiter yesterday just after he had a little convo with an apparent "aviation guru at NRC headquarters" (possibly the PM, who knows?). He had called his "guru" to discuss some issues with my age critical status...anyway, my OR mentioned a "possible date of the week of April 24th"..... don't hold me to this but at least some dates are being thrown around... getting close dudes!

Yeah if I remember correctly last month a lot of people were talking about a late April board, I just hope they meet sometime this month and don't push it into May. Also, I hate how after we find out a board meets we won't even know if we were selected until like 10 days later....talk about anxiety.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
we won't even know if we got selected until like 10 days later....talk about anxiety.

Try waiting from July 1st until late November for selection results to be released. That's what I had to go through the past two years with my STA-21 application. Once I submit my OCS Package, this wait is going to be a walk in the park.

Try waiting from July 1st until late November for selection results to be released. That's what I had to go through the past two years with my STA-21 application. Once I submit my OCS Package, this wait is going to be a walk in the park.

Wow that is a long time. I would of made the Feb board because I took the ASTB back on December 3rd. However, because I needed a 368 signed I couldn't even make it to MEPS until last month (they wouldn't let me get my physical without one). You probably didn't need one because your not switching branches like me but man almost 3 months to sign a piece of paper is ridiculous.

Kees

SNA Select
Wow that is a long time. I would of made the Feb board because I took the ASTB back on December 3rd. However, because I needed a 368 signed I couldn't even make it to MEPS until last month (they wouldn't let me get my physical without one). You probably didn't need one because your not switching branches like me but man almost 3 months to sign a piece of paper is ridiculous.

I'm with both of you. Prior service, switching branches, and have been working on getting everything to the board since August 2013. It has been a roller coaster to say the least, but I know an SNA slot is worth it.

I'm with both of you. Prior service, switching branches, and have been working on getting everything to the board since August 2013. It has been a roller coaster to say the least, but I know an SNA slot is worth it.

Yeah if anything they should make it easier for us to get in but for some reason they make it as difficult as possible. I don't know why I have to go to MEPS and get a physical qualification letter saying I'm fit to go into the military when I'm already in the military and scored an 89/100 on my last PT test. :confused: Oh well though...rules are rules.

Last edited:

BTW what branch are you in and are you active or reserves?

which branch are you coming from? Just going from Marine Corps to Navy has been a ton of work and they're both in the department of the navy. at least everything is turned in now.

The_Pants

which branch are you coming from? Just going from Marine Corps to Navy has been a ton of work and they're both in the department of the navy. at least everything is turned in now.
Why not apply for Marine OCS if you are already in the Marine Corps. That's what I would be doing

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Why not apply for Marine OCS if you are already in the Marine Corps. That's what I would be doing

I believe in the Marine officer program, you aren't guaranteed a flight contract(maybe some), and you'll receive your MOS at the end of the basic school after OCS. Which means, you can go in with high hopes of being a pilot, but the Corps makes you an infantry officer instead.

Marine Corps you get to select ground (which is everything not dealing with air, ie logistics, infantry, tanks, intel, supply, admin etc), Air, or Law. And it is true that if you go ground, which a majority do, you don't get to pick your job per se, you get a wish list and depending on how you perform, and needs of the Corps, determines what MOS you get.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
Marine Corps you get to select ground (which is everything not dealing with air, ie logistics, infantry, tanks, intel, supply, admin etc), Air, or Law. And it is true that if you go ground, which a majority do, you don't get to pick your job per se, you get a wish list and depending on how you perform, and needs of the Corps, determines what MOS you get.

Whoops, thanks for the clarification.

unclelou

Seems like everyone here has a ppl.
I do not, while I am shooting for aviator position.
Do you think they would be more inclined to give me NFO instead of SNA?
Learning about aviation through Gleims pilot manual handbook.
Its a start ain't it?