• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
Basically, they will schedule the interview at your house b/c of the sensitivity of the information plus they want to verify where you live and what kind of environment it is. I had asked to go to a popular coffee shop and my investigator pushed to come to my home. Not that I mind, it's just a live with all guys so you can imagine what my house looks like. Strap a deodorant stick to a fan...you have a manly glade plug-in.

You should maybe just need an ID to prove it is really you. And from my experience they just ask for contacts from college, your job, friends, and neighbors.

Weird. They told me that they absolutely could not do it at my house, and instead chose a library nearby. Otherwise, everything was the same as others have said. They did mine before the board because I was initially going down the NUPOC path and that is a higher clearance...I guess.

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
Looking at that spreadsheet makes me self conscious about my scores. Ya'll a bunch of jerks with those astb!

I feel like I'm standing in a locker room looking down at myself and wondering why I'm the least endowed.

If it makes you feel any better, based on your prt scores, I'll be the skinny guy in the locker room. I might have the highest score on that spreadsheet, but that's only a small part of what it takes to make it in the Navy.

brogdawg32

If it makes you feel any better, based on your prt scores, I'll be the skinny guy in the locker room. I might have the highest score on that spreadsheet, but that's only a small part of what it takes to make it in the Navy.
Well I used to be fat (230lb and 30% or more bodyyfat) last August. I'm now 184 and 16% or so. My prt is something I can control and fix daily. The test is one shot every 6 months. I'll control what I can control and TRY to not worry about the rest.

I say they just pick up all of us. Airwarriors = automatic PROREC

Bradicus

Ensign, SNA
Wow, that's an impressive change. I'm 6'2" and around 148, kinda underweight, barely passing navy minimums. I run pretty well, but pushups destroy me.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Apologies for missing out but what's the entire point of this spreadsheet?
Again, the intent was to track from here on out what historically has been picked up. There are threads where people can dig in to what it means to be a whole person, threads for essay help, but one of the most common questions asked right off the bat is what scores have been picked up in the past. Now there is a point of reference for those with great scores to see that some high scores don't get picked up and people with sub 50 OAR still stand chance. Some recruiters out there we deal with may only ever see what comes across their desk and this may shed a little light on what is picked up and put some applicants at ease. Nothing more, nothing less.

AaronJB

Dumb Ensign, VT-6
Wow, that's an impressive change. I'm 6'2" and around 148, kinda underweight, barely passing navy minimums. I run pretty well, but pushups destroy me.
You're not alone. I'm 6'1" ~160 and right there with ya on the physical fitness struggles. My PRT numbers are definitely a work in progress.

cb812

SNA
Personally, I enjoy the gym and my long runs a bit more now that I have a clear and concise mental picture of what I am training for. You guys have an extra push now to hit that last rep or knock out another mile?

The_Pants

Weird. They told me that they absolutely could not do it at my house, and instead chose a library nearby. Otherwise, everything was the same as others have said. They did mine before the board because I was initially going down the NUPOC path and that is a higher clearance...I guess.
That's odd. When I was interviewed I asked twice to meet at the nearest Starbucks to finish up the paperwork and blah blah blah, but she insisted on coming over to my house. When they interviewed my contacts it was basically their preference. Some had the investigator come to their house, others their work, and some just on the phone. Oh well.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Again, the intent was to track from here on out what historically has been picked up. There are threads where people can dig in to what it means to be a whole person, threads for essay help, but one of the most common questions asked right off the bat is what scores have been picked up in the past. Now there is a point of reference for those with great scores to see that some high scores don't get picked up and people with sub 50 OAR still stand chance. Some recruiters out there we deal with may only ever see what comes across their desk and this may shed a little light on what is picked up and put some applicants at ease. Nothing more, nothing less.

On one of the threads I posted a while back I listed criteria (GPA, ASTB scores, other traits) that are considered competitive by the boards. Some boards many people are selected and some boards they're not. The reason I'm not a big fan of this spreadsheet is that some applicant of mine who didn't get selected is going to likely pull out this spreadsheet and try to have me explain why he/she didn't get selected. I don't sit on the boards and control who/who doesn't get selected.

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
On one of the threads I posted a while back I listed criteria (GPA, ASTB scores, other traits) that are considered competitive by the boards. Some boards many people are selected and some boards they're not. The reason I'm not a big fan of this spreadsheet is that some applicant of mine who didn't get selected is going to likely pull out this spreadsheet and try to have me explain why he/she didn't get selected. I don't sit on the boards and control who/who doesn't get selected.
I completely understand; it could be somewhat of an nuisance from a recruiters perspective, but most applicants know why they didn't get picked up they just want to hear someone tell them so perhaps it's unavoidable. I'm not sure what it's like recruiting and don't know that I could do it. If I'm up for a future board though and see what the Navy considers "competitive" @ all 7's and a 3.2 and also I am able to see that those scores mean nothing because 5's and a sub 3.0 is still getting picked it may kick my ass into gear polishing up some of the intangibles. I first want to be an officer and a naval pilot second and if I see that scores sometimes mean very little, this historical data may just cause me to list pilot as my first designation rather than supply, like my recruiter suggested, because I didn't have the scores and I'm an accountant. I do respect and appreciate the recruiters on this forum so if it's a pain for you all I will make sure the link is dead. Idle hands are the devil's tools and this is the beast that was created. Thank you for the feedback @RUFiO181

Kees

SNA Select
Don't have that mindset or you have already lost. You need to believe in yourself to succeed.

No issues there my friend! I just said I've got the lowest test score (I failed to properly prepare for the test). I feel very strongly about the rest of my kit and believe I will get picked up for SNA soon! Thanks for the motivation!