• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2014 SNA and NFO Board

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
Just finished my package, now just waiting to see if it gets to the board without any discrepancies. It's been sent out 4 or 5 times and each time comes back for something silly. This is my OR's first package sent up to OCS. Thankfully him and I have been working pretty hard to get all the kinks worked out early. Here are some of my stats that I could think of.

ASTB:6/6/6 54
GPA: 3.0
University: ERAU Daytona beach (incase someone is curious)
Degree:Aeronautics
Minor in Business
Minor in Finance
Volunteer time 50+ hours
28 flight hours
Prior service Air Force 3.5 yrs
Air Force Reserve 1.5 years.
24 yrs old
LORs:4;2 professors(Both pilot types), retired Air Force Colonel, My supervisor from my Unit E-7
Interview evaluation: NROTC Captian
Programs: SNA/NFO/Supply
Graduation date: Dec '14

If anything holds me back I'm sure it would be my GPA.:(

Good luck to everyone applying this board, if I was religious I'd pray for us all!!:D
2.53's were selected last go around so if anything holds you back it's probably going to be something other than GPA...

cb812

SNA
Does CIRIMS indicate something other than "At PM for Review" before your application sees a board? In other words, does it change to "Board Ready" or something else after it has been "reviewed" by the PM?

exNavyOffRec

Does CIRIMS indicate something other than "At PM for Review" before your application sees a board? In other words, does it change to "Board Ready" or something else after it has been "reviewed" by the PM?

There is a "at board" status or similar phrase.

exNavyOffRec

My package has been at the PM for about a week and a half now. Is this normal NavyOffRec? How long does it usually take for your applicants to pass the PM review and be "At Board"?

It can be normal, it just depends how many people need to be reviewed, and if the PM is on leave, school, or other thing then it will sit.

cb812

SNA
It can be normal, it just depends how many people need to be reviewed, and if the PM is on leave, school, or other thing then it will sit.

I am assuming that as long as it is "At Board" before the board physically meets, it will be seen by the board?

brogdawg32

I am assuming that as long as it is "At Board" before the board physically meets, it will be seen by the board?
I heard as long as at PM 1 week before it will be seen.

I texted my recruiter and he said he's hearing some rumors of a board soon (as in first week of April)...but our processor is pretty convinced 2nd week of April.

cb812

SNA
I heard as long as at PM 1 week before it will be seen.

I texted my recruiter and he said he's hearing some rumors of a board soon (as in first week of April)...but our processor is pretty convinced 2nd week of April.

Good to hear. This next week, I think we will see the rumor mill start turning. Happens every board and is annoying as hell.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Another use for the spreadsheet besides what Jack pointed out, is that it gives us an idea of the number of people applying to the board. The Feb board had about 50 or so people on the spreadsheet before the board was held. Knowing the number of apps might help us better determine a possible board date. Besides that, it's just something we can look at while we patiently wait for a board date and, if I were to guess, I'm sure all of the other "type A's" appreciate the rack 'n' stack nature of the list.
Not really. Not a lot of applicants use or know of AW.

brogdawg32

This could have just been an anomaly with the last board but it looks like about half were on AW.
That was my point. You can't infer either a)when we reach 60 on the spreadsheet there will be a board or b)we capture 50% of applicants.

Unfortunately stats don't work that way

utswimmer37

"Descent Planning"
pilot
every single one of us were moaning and groaning over past selection scores and rather than sift through pages of thread in 20 different places i figured why not put as much detail as we can in one place...it contains only data, no information