• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

exNavyOffRec

Did your recruiter tell you to see a civilian optometrist? Would the civilian optometrist know the Navy's standards and if you passed equivalent to a "D?"

I'm going to call my recruiter tomorrow, and then schedule an appointment with Kaiser.

I have seen this done before, with mixed results, some get redesignated at OCS, some don't.

dfred

pilot
Did your recruiter tell you to see a civilian optometrist? Would the civilian optometrist know the Navy's standards and if you passed equivalent to a "D?"

I'm going to call my recruiter tomorrow, and then schedule an appointment with Kaiser.

Check out this link, http://www.fighter-pilot.org/Navy - Marine Corps Medical Standards.pdf go down to the fourth page where the depth perception section is located. I believe those are the acceptable tests and the standards that you need to meet. I have my appointment scheduled for Thursday, hopefully all goes well and I can put this behind me.

bluemarlin04

Once you complete your physical at MEPS or MTF and are pro rec'd, your medical paperwork is sent to NRC for a medical review. Once they find no issues, they make a PQ'd letter which is sent to the program manager indicating your 100% good to go
oh okay thanks

havent heard anything about if I am pqed or not but I am assuming I am. Cleared meps with no issues so should be good to go.

bluemarlin04

Does OPM conduct an entire new investigation if you already have a security clearance? I already have my secret clearance and have had it since 2004 so I was wondering if they were going to redo it or not

mataron

Naval Aviator, VP-46
pilot

mataron

Naval Aviator, VP-46
pilot
You bet, let us know how the retest goes.

I just talked to my recruiter, and he told me to hold off on getting a retest until we get the PQ'ed (or not PQ'ed) letter. I don't think he knows the SNA requirements. Because I was tested over a month ago, he said the letter should come in very soon, and then we would take it from there. But I don't see how I can be PQ'ed given that I got "C," but I needed "D." I should still go retest with a civilian optometrist, huh?

dfred

pilot
I just talked to my recruiter, and he told me to hold off on getting a retest until we get the PQ'ed (or not PQ'ed) letter. I don't think he knows the SNA requirements. Because I was tested over a month ago, he said the letter should come in very soon, and then we would take it from there. But I don't see how I can be PQ'ed given that I got "C," but I needed "D." I should still go retest with a civilian optometrist, huh?

Well I got my NPQ letter yesterday and I think the depth perception requirements are pretty cut and dry. It's your call if you want to get retested before your letter is issued but in my option you might as well expedite the process and get retested now since getting an apointment with a civilian Optometrist can be a pain. That way if you find out you are NPQ, you will already have the ball rolling on getting the issue resolved, if you happen to get a PQ letter, oh well you are out the cost of the Dr appointment, but all is good.

mataron

Naval Aviator, VP-46
pilot
Well I got my NPQ letter yesterday and I think the depth perception requirements are pretty cut and dry. It's your call if you want to get retested before your letter is issued but in my option you might as well expedite the process and get retested now since getting an apointment with a civilian Optometrist can be a pain. That way if you find out you are NPQ, you will already have the ball rolling on getting the issue resolved, if you happen to get a PQ letter, oh well you are out the cost of the Dr appointment, but all is good.

I was thinking exactly that. Saving days or weeks is worth the expense of an eye exam. I just scheduled the appointment.

KingsburyK

API Warrior

I was thinking exactly that. Saving days or weeks is worth the expense of an eye exam. I just scheduled the appointment.

Your MEPS paperwork said "Pass" and you received a letter grade of "C" right? Maybe I'm reading the standards wrong, but I think you're fine here. The link I posted earlier says that the passing range for the AFVT (which I'm assuming is the test you took) is A-D. I interpret A-D to mean scores of A,B,C, and D are all acceptable scores. If "Pass" is on the paper, then I really wouldn't sweat it.

dfred

pilot
Your MEPS paperwork said "Pass" and you received a letter grade of "C" right? Maybe I'm reading the standards wrong, but I think you're fine here. The link I posted earlier says that the passing range for the AFVT (which I'm assuming is the test you took) is A-D. I interpret A-D to mean scores of A,B,C, and D are all acceptable scores. If "Pass" is on the paper, then I really wouldn't sweat it.

I believe the requirement is that you must pass sections A - D.

cdl

Pro-Rec IP
Does anyone know if Active Duty typically finds out whether they are PQ'd on the path to the Final Select? Or, is there is no information released to Active Duty after Pro Rec other than Final Select?

Typically I think they (Flt Processors) only contact you if they need any additional paperwork for the medical screening - there is no formal PQ letter. If you call the Flt Processor, he can tell you your status (if medical paperwork has been reviewed/approved yet). For me it happened very quickly, within about 10 days of being Pro-Rec I called and spoke to someone in the Flt Processor office and was told that my med paperwork came back and I was PQ'ed.

MGoBrew11

pilot
I believe the requirement is that you must pass sections A - D.

I went to MEPS today and they wrote down "Pass F"...what do you guys think?

The guide says A-D with no misses and I definitely missed one or two in there. But then the administrator went on to do E and F and I got 100% on those. I had read somewhere before that If you missed a few you would be okay, but that guide seems to say otherwise. Wish it was a bit more clear what constitutes a pass or not. Are the E and F rows "harder" than A-D?

Blue9

Pro-Rec SNA
If you've gotten your PQ letter and they've started the background check, my understanding is it's just waiting around until you get your FS letter. (And then wait some more until you ship.)
For those of us non-priors who were PQ'd prior to the board and have our security investigations ongoing, have any of you gotten any picture from your ORs on when we might get our FS letters?

Trying to see if I can plan on being able to get out of my lease with the letter...