• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

texag2010

Just to clarify, there's really nothing I have to do at this point is there as far as submitting any kind of paperwork after I got pro-rec'd? I've already been to MEPS and am PQ'd as far as I'm aware and my security clearance was already submitted (actually checked my credit the other day and saw that USOPM had run my credit back in February in regards to my clearance). I guess I'm just waiting for my clearance to be totally finished and then receiving a FS. But I mean there's nothing else I should have to submit at this point right? My OR or processor should end up contacting me in regard to doing anything else right?

If you've gotten your PQ letter and they've started the background check, my understanding is it's just waiting around until you get your FS letter. (And then wait some more until you ship.)

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
If you've gotten your PQ letter and they've started the background check, my understanding is it's just waiting around until you get your FS letter. (And then wait some more until you ship.)

That's where I'm at right now.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Just went to my MEPS Friday. I agree with you Ray-Ban. Just as bad as pro-rec.

I passed it, but anybody else think the depth perception test with the circles was a little weird?

When I took it back in December I somehow managed to get 100 percent on the depth perception, but on the last two or so I probably spent several minutes a piece on them. They encouraged me to take some time, so I definitely used it.

Now I'm worried about maintaining my vision until OCS so I've started taking Bilberry and Lutein. We'll see if it helps. I think I was at 20/30 in my worst eye at MEPs, so it's going to be close.

Amauri

ET1 (SW) Pro Rec SWO
Excellent news! I'm still waiting to hear back on my medical status. I'm thinking by this time next month some of us will have started to hear back with dates. That's my hope at least.
The fleet processor told me that he's not sure of the OCS date I'll get but to just expect to be away for the holidays. Now the waiting game is not too bad since at least I know its just a matter of time for that FS letter. In the mean time I am biking and running everyday. I cut an 11:16 on my recent PRT and a fellow OCS officer assured me my time will drop to the nines! Those DI's will make sure of that

Amauri

ET1 (SW) Pro Rec SWO
what is the pq letter?

I just assumed I'm pqed because I went thru meps and they said there was no issues
Once you complete your physical at MEPS or MTF and are pro rec'd, your medical paperwork is sent to NRC for a medical review. Once they find no issues, they make a PQ'd letter which is sent to the program manager indicating your 100% good to go

I'm also assuming that I'll eventually be contacted for a security clearance interview or something of that nature? I've never had an arrest or even a ticket and my credit is good as far as I know, but I'm assuming they interview everyone anyway? At least I've read/heard of people getting interviewed at some point so I'm assuming everyone meets with an investigator at some point?

mataron

Naval Aviator, VP-46
pilot
When I took it back in December I somehow managed to get 100 percent on the depth perception, but on the last two or so I probably spent several minutes a piece on them. They encouraged me to take some time, so I definitely used it.

Now I'm worried about maintaining my vision until OCS so I've started taking Bilberry and Lutein. We'll see if it helps. I think I was at 20/30 in my worst eye at MEPs, so it's going to be close.

How well must you do on the depth perception test to qualify for SNA? On my MEPS paperwork, it says "Pass (C)," because I only got to line C. I'm not sure what that "Pass" means. I think I didn't do too well.

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
How well must you do on the depth perception test to qualify for SNA? On my MEPS paperwork, it says "Pass (C)," because I only got to line C. I'm not sure what that "Pass" means. I think I didn't do too well.

Sorry, I meant I passed the test and received a 100 percent. I don't have the form itself so I don't remember what it said but when I asked the eye docs how I did on it they verbally confirmed the 100%. It was hard, but take your time, especially with the warm up sets and you all should be just fine.

KingsburyK

API Warrior

According to the Navy's waiver guide:

"Must pass any one of the following three tests:
(1) AFVT: at least A – D with no misses.
(2) Stereo booklet (Titmus Fly or Randot): 40 arc second circles.
(3) Verhoeff: 8/8 corrent on the first trial or, if any are missed, 16/16 correct on the combined second and third trials."

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nmotc/nami/arwg/Documents/WaiverGuide/Waiver Guide - Physical Standards - 120202.pdf

dfred

pilot

So I'm in the same position as you, I passed "C" and I believe you need to pass "D" to be PQ. I talked to my recruiter today and found out that I didn't pass the required level for SNA. I have an appointment scheduled with a civilian Optometrist to retest my depth perception. Assuming I pass, the Dr. can write a brief letter stating what my depth perception is and that can be resubmitted and allow for a PQ letter to be issued.

edt957

Pro-rec SNA
Sorry if this is off topic, but do you need you be PQ'd before the security investigation can be opened? I filled out my SF-86, signed the last pages, and submitted it to the NRD in December before the Jan boards, but bc of surgery I won't be PQ'd until late August. Just trying to get an idea of how much will still need to be done before I can get my FS

mataron

Naval Aviator, VP-46
pilot
So I'm in the same position as you, I passed "C" and I believe you need to pass "D" to be PQ. I talked to my recruiter today and found out that I didn't pass the required level for SNA. I have an appointment scheduled with a civilian Optometrist to retest my depth perception. Assuming I pass, the Dr. can write a brief letter stating what my depth perception is and that can be resubmitted and allow for a PQ letter to be issued.

Did your recruiter tell you to see a civilian optometrist? Would the civilian optometrist know the Navy's standards and if you passed equivalent to a "D?"

I'm going to call my recruiter tomorrow, and then schedule an appointment with Kaiser.

Sorry if this is off topic, but do you need you be PQ'd before the security investigation can be opened? I filled out my SF-86, signed the last pages, and submitted it to the NRD in December before the Jan boards...
No you do not need to be PQ'd first. A background investigation is able to begin as soon as you sign for it. Most would be underway at some level after your package is submitted to the board. It's possible there may be more expensive or time-consuming steps in a background investigation that could be waited on until PQ'd. It's not necessarily a transparent process and depends on if you have anything to hide ;). Correct me if I'm wrong Navyoffrec!

exNavyOffRec

No you do not need to be PQ'd first. A background investigation is able to begin as soon as you sign for it. Most would be underway at some level after your package is submitted to the board. It's possible there may be more expensive or time-consuming steps in a background investigation that could be waited on until PQ'd. It's not necessarily a transparent process and depends on if you have anything to hide ;). Correct me if I'm wrong Navyoffrec!

Once the NRD submits the final signature pages an investigation can be started.