• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
Funny how this works out: waiting for my FS letter is making me no less ansy than I was for my pro-rec. The waiting game sucks.

DCrow

SNA Primary
Just went to my MEPS Friday. I agree with you Ray-Ban. Just as bad as pro-rec.

I passed it, but anybody else think the depth perception test with the circles was a little weird?

Rev

pilot
Just went to my MEPS Friday. I agree with you Ray-Ban. Just as bad as pro-rec.

I passed it, but anybody else think the depth perception test with the circles was a little weird?

I swear none of the circles was raised on number 10. At least it didn't look like it to me. The administrator made some comment about how that test is particularly tricky.

DCrow

SNA Primary
I swear none of the circles was raised on number 10. At least it didn't look like it to me. The administrator made some comment about how that test is particularly tricky.

I did some research and apparently there can be all sorts of problems (administrator error, machine lighting, damaged cards, incorrect alignment) with this type of depth perception testing. Apparently the minutes of arc test we'll (hopefully) get at NAMI is much more accurate.

The corpsman who was doing some of my testing made me laugh. Asked me "How do you know when a pilot is at a party?..........He'll tell you."

Tonkovich.J

DepthPerception.png

Amauri

ET1 (SW) Pro Rec SWO
I initially failed depth perception miserably and also supposedly had problems with my near vision. They forgot to input on my 2808 whether or not my vision was correctable so NRC requested me to go back. I did a complete eye exam with the real doctor and somehow I had 20/20 vision distant and near, and also passed depth perception with flying colors. The doctor himself was wondering how in the world one day I failed so bad and then had perfect vision the next. It really depends on the machine and the administrator I guess.

bluemarlin04

disagree on waiting for final select is just as bad as waiting for a pro rec

at least now you know you made the cut and are just waiting for the paperwork and fs

Amauri

ET1 (SW) Pro Rec SWO
Just found out that I am PQ'd and since I have my secret clearance already it is now just a waiting game. Waiting on the PM to be able to assign an OCS date.

Rev

pilot
Just found out that I am PQ'd and since I have my secret clearance already it is now just a waiting game. Waiting on the PM to be able to assign an OCS date.

Excellent news! I'm still waiting to hear back on my medical status. I'm thinking by this time next month some of us will have started to hear back with dates. That's my hope at least.

Just to clarify, there's really nothing I have to do at this point is there as far as submitting any kind of paperwork after I got pro-rec'd? I've already been to MEPS and am PQ'd as far as I'm aware and my security clearance was already submitted (actually checked my credit the other day and saw that USOPM had run my credit back in February in regards to my clearance). I guess I'm just waiting for my clearance to be totally finished and then receiving a FS. But I mean there's nothing else I should have to submit at this point right? My OR or processor should end up contacting me in regard to doing anything else right?