• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 2012

Amauri

ET1 (SW) Pro Rec SWO
Does anyone know for AD folks if after being pro "y" if the command has a say on when you go to OCS?

Rev

pilot
Got a call this morning that I didn't get the full pilot eye exam when I got my physical. Hopefully I'll be headed to P'Cola in the morning to get it knocked out and this won't be a delay.

Nevermor70

Does anyone know for AD folks if after being pro "y" if the command has a say on when you go to OCS?

I know that in the application on the CO's recommendation it says to put the date that the member is available for transfer. I'd imagine that'd be the only thing holding you up on the command side of things.

Amauri

ET1 (SW) Pro Rec SWO
I know that in the application on the CO's recommendation it says to put the date that the member is available for transfer. I'd imagine that'd be the only thing holding you up on the command side of things.
I don't see anything about transfer date on the CO statements but I do see that my PRD is written on the front of the application. My DIVO is telling me that the command would like to keep me until February. I am on shore duty so who wouldn't like to get extended? Only thing is that I would like to start this next step in my life ASAP! Either way I will be happy but I just wanted to know if my command can have any input or is it stricktly by the needs of OCS.

Same. Went to MEPS back in January I think it was and security clearance has been submitted for a while now so just waiting for the next step I guess. I'm beyond anxious now for word on FS and OCS Date. Not quite as anxious as waiting for a pro-rec but its close.

Tonkovich.J

Same. Went to MEPS back in January I think it was and security clearance has been submitted for a while now so just waiting for the next step I guess. I'm beyond anxious now for word on FS and OCS Date. Not quite as anxious as waiting for a pro-rec but its close.

I feel exactly the same way. I'm a kind of person that likes to know all the answers, and when things are out of my control it becomes very frustrating. I guess I should start learning how to deal with these situations, because there's a strong possibility of more to come.

I feel exactly the same way. I'm a kind of person that likes to know all the answers, and when things are out of my control it becomes very frustrating. I guess I should start learning how to deal with these situations, because there's a strong possibility of more to come.
My thoughts exactly. How long will you have to wait on MEPS results? And besides MEPS, the security stuff, and a swear in process what else is there really?

Tonkovich.J

My thoughts exactly. How long will you have to wait on MEPS results? And besides MEPS, the security stuff, and a swear in process what else is there really?

I wasn't required to go to MEPS. My recruiting district is Chicago. Instead, my OR took me up the street to the on-base medical facilities at NS Great Lakes. My recruiter said that my medical results should be ready and in the computer system within the next 3-5 days. Also, from my understanding once your medical and security clearance is completed there is nothing else is needed for a final select letter.

Nevermor70

I don't see anything about transfer date on the CO statements but I do see that my PRD is written on the front of the application. My DIVO is telling me that the command would like to keep me until February. I am on shore duty so who wouldn't like to get extended? Only thing is that I would like to start this next step in my life ASAP! Either way I will be happy but I just wanted to know if my command can have any input or is it stricktly by the needs of OCS.

On the 1420.1b, on the page with the CO's written recommendation (page 10 on mine), at the bottom it says that for OCS candidates, to include date available for transfer.

I'm the same way. I hate not having every detail nailed down instantly and not knowing every possible answer right away. I need to learn how to deal with that kind of stuff too.

Amauri

ET1 (SW) Pro Rec SWO
On the 1420.1b, on the page with the CO's written recommendation (page 10 on mine), at the bottom it says that for OCS candidates, to include date available for transfer.
There you go I see it now. It is written as a note on the bottom but I guess in mine their was not date provided in the statement.

dfred

pilot
I wasn't required to go to MEPS. My recruiting district is Chicago. Instead, my OR took me up the street to the on-base medical facilities at NS Great Lakes. My recruiter said that my medical results should be ready and in the computer system within the next 3-5 days. Also, from my understanding once your medical and security clearance is completed there is nothing else is needed for a final select letter.

I believe your security clearance just needs to be open to receive a FS letter, someone can correct my if that is incorrect.

When it comes down to it though, we all know that we're pretty much fine at this point. The simple fact that we are all members on this site says a little something about how much we value information and would like to control our own paths. The vast majority of us will be going to Newport. Just hurry up and wait ;)...

Tonkovich.J

I believe your security clearance just needs to be open to receive a FS letter, someone can correct my if that is incorrect.

your correct, here is my reaction when I discovered my typo

77861031.jpg