• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 15 Selection Board

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
sure i see the results right now! but I am unable to tell you sorry. I bet that news really sucks. go get a beer play some golf or go to a movie there is nothing you can do

Haha...was that part necessary? Thanks for that

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I told myself I wasn't going to drink until I found out about selection. I really wanted to know something. It has been 3 months I just want a Coors Light! They even got new vented cans!

It's been waaaay too long if the beer can has evolved since your last beer.

stew47

Why is it that no recruiter is responding to us today? Who has been able to get ahold of their recruiter?

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I haven't. Just sitting here, neurotically checking my e-mail and staring at my phone.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
My fiance is in San Diego until tomorrow ...so nothing to "take my mind off" the wait, this is the first time I'm thankful to go to work in about 30 minutes for 6 or 7 hours. I might even go out when i get off and throw a couple back with some friends...however coming back home to sit here and check my email constantly will likely be the pathetic outcome.

stew47

Haha, seriously...if the playoffs weren't on and I didn't have finals to study, I would be going crazy right now.

stew47

Got ahold of my recruiter : (......they messed up my package or something in Tenn., so I have to wait until next month's boards.

Supply Boards don't meet until the 30th correct?

stew47

What in the world happend???

So I am waiting for my recruiter to call me today about the results of the April selection boards, and I finally get a call at 1700.

I'm a little confused about what he told me. He explained to me that my package arrived on time. But before it went to the boards, they found "something" wrong with it. I think my recruiter said something about my information goes into a "CO" or an "OC" but my ASTB was not entered into that program. A copy of my score was kept in my package, but they did not enter it in. As a result, my package missed the boards for this month. Now my package is complete and will be ready for next month.

Is there any process I could go through so that they can look at my package because of my situation? I busted my butt this whole Spring to get the package in on time, and it isn't even my fault that it messed up. And, as a result, I have to wait another month to find out if I got Pro-rec or not for BDCP. This means, there is a whole month that passes by where I am not getting paid if I was to become Final select.

Any suggestions?

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Oh yea, get used to the "hurry up and wait" part of the Navy. The best part is, "something" might cause it to be delayed even longer. Nothing against you or your package, it just happens. Relax and it will all work out.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can they get away with this without anything happening?

Get rid of that attitude for starters. They are the ones evaluating you and even if there was a mixup in your package, it's not like you're shopping at a store and call the manager to complain. Sucks to be you right now, but not that bad to wait another month.

What's this about getting paid as soon as you're a Final Select anyway? You need to take this one step at a time.