• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

April 15 Selection Board

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Nope, you are not eligible if you have less than 12 months of college to complete. I thought it seemed illogical but that is how it goes. Since I am on a full athletic scholarship I ended up taking an extra semester of college so that I could get into BDCP because the money sure is nice.

Well that's reassuring. I can just tack on another semester and bam!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Stew: a new phrase for you, perhaps???

"That's the breaks of Naval Air..."

You may not like it (I know I didn't) ... but you're gonna hear it --- and experience it --- again and again if you stay in the NAVAIR game.

Believe it. Best of luck.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
There you have it, straight from the legend ^^ :D

Whew, It's going to be tough to get any sleep tonight. I can't wait to find out. Is 0900 too early to call my OR?

Goob83

None
wait you're not eligible if you only have less than a year of college left?
BAD info you are eligible up untill you get your transcripts that say conferred.

Nope, you are not eligible if you have less than 12 months of college to complete. I thought it seemed illogical but that is how it goes. Since I am on a full athletic scholarship I ended up taking an extra semester of college so that I could get into BDCP because the money sure is nice.
WRONG WRONG WRONG. YOu can apply up until your transcripts say you are graduated. search here you will see several guys that were accepted with less than a quarter of school left.

annie8080

certified college nerd
sure i see the results right now! but I am unable to tell you sorry. I bet that news really sucks. go get a beer play some golf or go to a movie there is nothing you can do

Hey Goob83, are the results from the INTEL board out yet?

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
Well, it's off to school with me. I'm taking a test at 0900 (as if my mind will be anywhere other than the Navy), then leaving class to call my recruiter. Hopefully I'll find some good news...I will let you all know as soon as I find out.

Thanks to everyone who has helped in this process so far. This forum has been a Godsend!

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
Non-select. Recruiter said he had no idea why - just that my name wasn't on a list. He said the only thing he could think that could be hurting me was my major (Music Industry - Bus. Min, 3.3). Time for some soul-searching. I'm definately going to try to re-apply. Should I look at other services?

Insomneo

My recruiter's on vacation haha. The guy deserves it though, he really helped a lot on the packet, and I'm sure he helped others just as much. All I'm doing now is PT, PT, and more PT to maintain that outstanding low. It's all I can do, 3 weeks left of school till graduation and I've completed all of the work.

I am enjoying this time off though, too bad the waves are bad . . .

Sorry to hear the news JT. Give it another shot before you look at other services.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
jt...your recruiter can ask them and get a specific answer as to why your package was kicked back...not being on the "list" probably meant that it didn't even make it to the boards.
same thing JUST happened to me (GPA)...the new mins are 2.5...and even though i busted my hump the last 4 semesters (3.0 and up), it got booted early because of gpa..mine is a 2.4 ..it took/takes a lot of work to get it up from a 1.3 something, basically it feels like im filling a huge hole up with dirt using a teaspoon....that being said im at around a 3.5 this semester which will put it in the 2.7 range (according to my advisor) and i also am taking a summer class to replace a poor grade from earlier in my academic career...IF you want to call it that. The good news for me is that school is over in 3 weeks and ill be above mins for GPA, the rest of my package is really good and i'll reapply. I have trouble buying that yours got 'x'd because of Major, MANY people have a wide variety of majors on here. So make sure you get the exact reason why it was booted and fix it. Good Luck, you'll get there...

OUSOONER

navy_or_bust

I am up for the boards this months. For some reason did not make it last month which has made the wait pretty much unbearable. Anyway here are my stats for the April boards.

Program BDCP
Age 20
ASTB 7/8/7 58
GPA 3.01 engineering (3.11 if they can get my updated grades in time)
LOR 2 previous employers and an Army SF O-3
Flying 215 hours with instrument rating
1st SNA 2nd SNFO 3rd SWO

Pro-rec for all 3