• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

exNavyOffRec

shot right out of the sky yet again...... the way this website sounds is if I don't stand a single chance at all whatsoever. This is frustrating, but I'm keeping my head up. Doesn't hurt to try.

I am MUCH less concerned about your GPA then I am your ASTB scores, if you don't get selected look at your ASTB scores.

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
Your right keep your head up and do whatever you can to become a better candidate. Take some more classes to boost your GPA, study your tail off to improve a low ASTB score...etc. Have you seen this thread? The information their can help drastically improve scores. Not trying to preach just trying to help motivate.

You should be happy we have former, yet very credible, recruiters still posting information on AW. NavyOffRec just helped you from getting false hope and trying to submit with a less than competitive score. Take that as motivation to do better.
good luck and stay positive!

I am MUCH less concerned about your GPA then I am your ASTB scores, if you don't get selected look at your ASTB scores.

I am! I am! I am VERY glad to have this resource. I just need to relax and stop with getting too excited. This will probably be the last time I'm on here until I find anything out... Just to keep my head clear from expecting anything else.

And NavyOffRec, I will. I will definitely try again on the ASTB if I don't get it this round. Good news is I have a few civi jobs waiting for me on the outside. Guess I should be more focused on that for now....

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
I was selected with a gpa <3.0

Wow, man I just have to wait and see. How was your ASTB if you don't mind me asking?? According to many, mine isn't all that fancy. 45 OAR 5/5/5. And if I don't get it, all I can do is retake the ASTB, and shoot for a higher score!

afsf1

Wow, man I just have to wait and see. How was your ASTB if you don't mind me asking?? According to many, mine isn't all that fancy. 45 OAR 5/5/5. And if I don't get it, all I can do is retake the ASTB, and shoot for a higher score!

It was above the 'competitive'; I wanna say 7/7/8/72 or somewhere about there

Do you really want to be a Naval Officer if so get off here and study. Look at all the threads on here I have never seen anyone with a low ASTB score, low GPA, non prior, no flight time get accepted for anything. Your accuse for a low GPA is not going to work I wouldn't mention that again anywhere. With word spreading that the Navy is in need of Pilots and NFO's at a bad time like this with budget cuts and all do you not think more people are going to apply making it really competitive? Nothing wrong with submitting your application anything's possible just be ready to submit again with a higher ASTB score. Good luck hope you succeed no matter how much you fall just get your a*s back up and keep pushing.

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
Do you really want to be a Naval Officer if so get off here and study. Look at all the threads on here I have never seen anyone with a low ASTB score, low GPA, non prior, no flight time get accepted for anything. Your accuse for a low GPA is not going to work I wouldn't mention that again anywhere. With word spreading that the Navy is in need of Pilots and NFO's at a bad time like this with budget cuts and all do you not think more people are going to apply making it really competitive? Nothing wrong with submitting your application anything's possible just be ready to submit again with a higher ASTB score. Good luck hope you succeed no matter how much you fall just get your a*s back up and keep pushing.

Hey man I'm just using something to cut the time.... I have a phone interview within the next few minutes, and I'm just chilling out on here for a few minutes. I will begin to study when my OR tells me that I did not get in. As for now, I AM going to TRY. Nothing hurts to at least try....right??? For the past year and a half I've had people scream at me and tell me NO you can't get in the military because of your knee (surgery), or because of your low GPA, or because of this and that. I mean damn, has optimism just gone COMPLETELY out of the window? I am keeping full faith and trust in my Lord and myself. I just get up here to share and gouge information just like everybody else.

But really, thanks for the motivation. I just need to wait and see. If I did not get in, I'm pretty sure I'll be the laughing stock of AW, and thats okay! I'll just retest and try again! No problem :)

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
And I am being realistic here... because nothing is certain, and I realize if I do get in, it will be by the skin on my teeth.

I just know the qualities of an officer requires you to believe and trust in yourself and not have a defeatous attitude!

BackOrdered

Contributor
Hey man I'm just using something to cut the time.... I have a phone interview within the next few minutes, and I'm just chilling out on here for a few minutes. I will begin to study when my OR tells me that I did not get in. As for now, I AM going to TRY. Nothing hurts to at least try....right??? For the past year and a half I've had people scream at me and tell me NO you can't get in the military because of your knee (surgery), or because of your low GPA, or because of this and that. I mean damn, has optimism just gone COMPLETELY out of the window? I am keeping full faith and trust in my Lord and myself. I just get up here to share and gouge information just like everybody else.

But really, thanks for the motivation. I just need to wait and see. If I did not get in, I'm pretty sure I'll be the laughing stock of AW, and thats okay! I'll just retest and try again! No problem :)

Optimism with works is power my friend. Keep pressing.....

Graham2017

FS SNA - OCS 6/23
Sworn-in as of yesterday. See you guys in RI! I have to mention what an amazing resource AW has been since I first registered here and started getting serious about applying about 8 months ago.