• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

I'm in for the march 4th board as well... I'm getting antsy as the date approaches. I have lower scores and gpa than most buton the flip side i have my major in professional piloting and 6 years active duty. I also have 200 hrs with commercial multi instument. I'm thinking I have a 50/50 shot

Degree from where?

VTFlyer

Yes, that is part of the package now, the application itself used to be many more pages, part of the change to get it down to the 4 pages it is now was that the full SF86 is to be completed with the kit.

I forgot they were doing this now. For people who choose to "stretch the truth" a little may want to seriously think about it before choosing not to disclose something on the ASPR. While you may get away with omitting some information from your application, don't be that guy who gets cornered during your NSA SSBI 5 years down the road and have them find out you were lying. (dismissed/dropped charges show up on background investigations in most states!)

There is a big difference between a Secret Clearance investigation and TS/SCI, I would imagine that most of you fine people will eventually come into a situation if you are in for the long haul career as an officer that may require a higher clearance.

This is probably the best advice I can give from my past experience. Honesty is the best path, and being truthful even if you have soemthing negative in your past doesn't mean you will be denied a clearance. You can bet your ass lying will though.

I forgot they were doing this now. For people who choose to "stretch the truth" a little may want to seriously think about it before choosing not to disclose something on the ASPR. While you may get away with omitting some information from your application, don't be that guy who gets cornered during your NSA SSBI 5 years down the road and have them find out you were lying. (dismissed/dropped charges show up on background investigations in most states!)

There is a big difference between a Secret Clearance investigation and TS/SCI, I would imagine that most of you fine people will eventually come into a situation if you are in for the long haul career as an officer that may require a higher clearance.

This is probably the best advice I can give from my past experience. Honesty is the best path, and being truthful even if you have soemthing negative in your past doesn't mean you will be denied a clearance. You can bet your ass lying will though.

Yea one has to be dumb to lie or hide something even small when obtaining a TP/SCI they will eventually find out. I was just curious if the board really viewed the nasis considering the amount of content it contains.

BENDER

pilot

Good news for the NFO applicants… does anyone know if this will this change the way they select SNAs?

HOT**NFO’s and Current Pro-Y Selects
Posted on February 27, 2013 by Michael
NFO Applicants: Currently at NRC they are selecting 100% of the NFO applicants. They have large shortages on the designator and any and all applicants that are applying for NFO are being selected. Additionally, they are doing boards almost weekly now to try and mitigate the low volume. That means that if you meet the PA and apply as an NFO (13700 designator) you should be able to find out in a matter of days vice weeks if you are selected.
For those in my AOR, if you want a sure thing, you need to get me your outstanding documents so that I can get your package into NRC before they fill all these spots.
Current Selects: They are looking for hot fills for the March 10th and 27th classes at OCS. If you have all your fin docs completed and are willing to get into these classes, they will get you in but you need to tell your recruiter NLT (no later than) 1400 (2pm) today CST.

Source: http://recruitingcommand.com/texasnavy/

PrudasJiest

Haze Gray
If that is correct...has anyone applying for NFO at this board heard anything back yet? I'm trying not to get my hopes up too soon but that would be fantastic news if true.

McHale's Navy

sighted nothing..sank same.
So if you submitted for NFO at the March board, you're going to be selected? Is there anywhere in black and white that I can find this besides the texasnavy website? Thanks.

VTFlyer

Good news for the NFO applicants… does anyone know if this will this change the way they select SNAs?

HOT**NFO’s and Current Pro-Y Selects
Posted on February 27, 2013 by Michael
NFO Applicants: Currently at NRC they are selecting 100% of the NFO applicants. They have large shortages on the designator and any and all applicants that are applying for NFO are being selected. Additionally, they are doing boards almost weekly now to try and mitigate the low volume. That means that if you meet the PA and apply as an NFO (13700 designator) you should be able to find out in a matter of days vice weeks if you are selected.
For those in my AOR, if you want a sure thing, you need to get me your outstanding documents so that I can get your package into NRC before they fill all these spots.
Current Selects: They are looking for hot fills for the March 10th and 27th classes at OCS. If you have all your fin docs completed and are willing to get into these classes, they will get you in but you need to tell your recruiter NLT (no later than) 1400 (2pm) today CST.

Source: http://recruitingcommand.com/texasnavy/

This is not the kind of added anxiety I was looking for haha.

I applied for Pilot 1st, NFO 2nd......no word from my recruiter. I emailed her to confirm this development.

100% though?!?! That just sounds to good to be true

paddybh1583

OCS 6 OCT 2013
I'm a Pro-Rec SNFO from the December board. The selection rate for NFO for that board was high, but it definitely wasn't 100%.

Best of luck to you all!!

VTFlyer

My recruiter said this is a good possibilty, last board was 96% NFO. They are trying to start a rolling board for NFO.

zeagle

To add onto this conversation my recruiter called me today and told me that the minimums for both Pilot/NFO have been lowered from a mandatory 3.0 GPA to a 2.2 GPA. He told me there are shortages in both designators and they really need people. Just letting all you folks know. I am a prior enlisted Navy final select NFO from the December board and am heading to OCS in June. Hopefully see you guys soon and good luck.

AirGuy

To add onto this conversation my recruiter called me today and told me that the minimums for both Pilot/NFO have been lowered from a mandatory 3.0 GPA to a 2.2 GPA. He told me there are shortages in both designators and they really need people. Just letting all you folks know. I am a prior enlisted Navy final select NFO from the December board and am heading to OCS in June. Hopefully see you guys soon and good luck.

I thought the minimum was a 2.5 GPA.

zeagle

I thought the minimum was a 2.5 GPA.
You may be right. Originally though my NRD was only sending "quality" applicants to the boards, which meant a 3.0 or greater. Anyway, that's what I was told, but I went in with a 3.6 so I was never really concerned with the GPA requirement. All I know is my LT called me up and said they had dropped the minimums for GPA so I thought I would throw it on here as it may benefit someone.

Calculon

It's Calculon! Hit the deck!
My guess is some of this is lost in translation... they probably mean that they want all applicants to be thrown in whether they are "quality" or not. I wonder if application goaling hurt their numbers and that theyre experiencing a shortfall in numbers for the year