• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

Nico0219

I apologize for the condescendence. I feel superior to none. I just thought from an objective point of view, maybe 1 or 2 years could have been outweighed by the rest of my application. My vision was of a board that asked themselves, if when at war or peace, who would we want flying for us. maybe I might have been a great pilot for them, maybe not, but if their predictors were based on the applications, I think them a bit negligent for not overlooking a year or two. From what I have known, anything in the military is "waiverable" if the need arises. I do not regret applying one bit, knowing or not whether I was over the age limit because I really wanted this. I wanted this bad and If my argument is anything it just one of passion and not condescendece. And someone who is objectively qualified and passionate, I think, would excel in whatever he or she does.

I have no idea how the board works or what the age means to them so my argument probably has no weight All I can say is I didn't give up on a dream.

AirGuy

Finally got registered on AirWarriors so I can post.

Pro Rec SNA!! I got the call on Monday. Im so excited!

7/7/8 58 3.05 GPA SNA/NFO/SEAL

-23 years old
-Class of 2011 Chico State University, Management Information Systems
-TERP 10 SAP Certification
-High School / College Baseball 6 years
-5 LORs from teachers, past employers
-Currently an Information Systems Engineer at SAP , 1 year
-Many volunteer / community service projects

I'm guessing the only things left are the trip to MEPS, the final select letter and being sworn in. My recruiter did not mention which OCS class I will be going to, probably because I have to wait to pass my physical. Is it too late to go to the March 31st class?
The last time I spoke to him, my records were being sent to MEPS for review. I'm worried that there could be problems, I had minor counseling when i was 6 for Add/ADHD, which was mentioned in my package. Do you think that is an issue? I also had some surgeries in the past from sports but I fully recovered and am in top physical/mental condition. I hope I am not disqualified before the doctors at MEPS can take a look at me. I cannot wait for OCS!
Were you able to submit you app before going to MEPS?

Hayabusa702

Any news from the Supply Board? Sorry to change the subject, it is my first time applying and I've been anxious about the whole thing.

roflsaurus

"Jet" Pilot
pilot
Got my FS! June 23rd. I can't believe they're out already. Pro rec the day of the board? FS w/in 1 week? They aren't playing around.

roflsaurus

"Jet" Pilot
pilot
Any news from the Supply Board? Sorry to change the subject, it is my first time applying and I've been anxious about the whole thing.

I think the Supply board isn't for a few more days. I applied to the supply board as well and haven't heard anything, but I doubt that I will now that I've received my FS for SNA. Good luck.

VTFlyer

I apologize for the condescendence. I feel superior to none. I just thought from an objective point of view, maybe 1 or 2 years could have been outweighed by the rest of my application. My vision was of a board that asked themselves, if when at war or peace, who would we want flying for us. maybe I might have been a great pilot for them, maybe not, but if their predictors were based on the applications, I think them a bit negligent for not overlooking a year or two. From what I have known, anything in the military is "waiverable" if the need arises. I do not regret applying one bit, knowing or not whether I was over the age limit because I really wanted this. I wanted this bad and If my argument is anything it just one of passion and not condescendece. And someone who is objectively qualified and passionate, I think, would excel in whatever he or she does.

I have no idea how the board works or what the age means to them so my argument probably has no weight All I can say is I didn't give up on a dream.

Sorry bro, they don't play with the age limits. I'm 28 and got selected but I have 5 years active duty and 4 years reserves.

In you previous thread you said you were waiting for you PQ. Does that mean you went to MEPS after submitting you OCS app?

No I did go to MEPS before the package was submitted, but I went back after the package was submitted to go for a consult which I passed. I was just told that I have to wait for all the paper work for my waivers to get processed by the MEPS HQ, or go to a flight surgeon, or something along those lines.

roflsaurus

"Jet" Pilot
pilot
Ahhhh I'm jealous! I want mine! My recruiter thinks I will go March31, you are still waiting for your degree correct?

Yeah, I finish in May which makes it all that more surprising. I didn't receive it in the mail yet. My recruiter received it via email and forwarded it to me, so I bet *knock on wood* yours is on the way.

AirGuy

No I did go to MEPS before the package was submitted, but I went back after the package was submitted to go for a consult which I passed. I was just told that I have to wait for all the paper work for my waivers to get processed by the MEPS HQ, or go to a flight surgeon, or something along those lines.
So they did not do a physical exam on you at MEPS (eyesight?), you just went there to submit you package?

MGoBrew11

pilot
So they did not do a physical exam on you at MEPS (eyesight?), you just went there to submit you package?

Unless things have changed dramatically, you will receive a full physical at MEPS, including eyesight tests. It is not, however, a flight physical. That comes at OCS/NAMI.

As far as getting your eyes burned off goes, if your recruiter knows that you plan on getting PRK in a few weeks, you might be able to get away with it. I was told it needed to be done at least 3 months before submitting to the board. That way you can get your waiver 3 months after getting a pro-Y, right before the pro-Y expires.

I have heard of cases where people got PRK after pro-rec and it worked out. I have also heard of cases where the pro-rec was lost because they had to wait too long for a waiver.

I did the full physical the first time. Then just had to go back to get the consult. As for the flight surgeon comment, the doctor at MEPS told me that after my consult all the results would go to a flight surgeon to approve before getting a PQ. That individual had given me bad information in the past though so I'm not really sure if it's true or not.