• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

exNavyOffRec

OUCH! No I had a 50 6-6-6 and 3.0 , plus my major is in aviation, and I have 200hrs of flt times with Commercial Instrument. I also have 6 years on active duty with 2 years overseas and 2 years as an NCO. I hope that qualifies as more than "Just selecting people to fill spots"

your flight time may have pushed you over, but MB is right, a person with experience should have scored better, my first wake up on applicants and the ASTB is when my first person failed flight school, he had 7 PFAR, he was multi rated, commercial rated, instructor rated and failed while others I sent with him that had no experience yet had 8's and 9's made it.

BleedGreen

pilot
Remember, they talked about rolling boards, rolling boards in general mean when the board president wants to hold it they do, so that schedule listed may not be accurate, the reason I say that is at noon is when the notification was sent out to some of the recruiters. I would venture to say they met the end of last week then released the info today, and they will probably continue to do this until they are back on track.

Is there anyway to confirm NRD switching to a rolling board schedule?

patton307

Sadly, my packet didn't make it to this board.......

BleedGreen; I asked my recruiter on the phone this morning if rolling boards might be happening and he said not at this time. But he did say they are thinking about adding another board this year????

NavyOffRec; Do you think this acceptance percentage will stay as high for this summer's board? Or do you think they will be picking up the necessary numbers to go back to normal from this round?

exNavyOffRec

Is there anyway to confirm NRD switching to a rolling board schedule?

I will saying "rolling board" is a loose term, if they decide to hold one earlier or at random times it would be considered rolling, for instance CWE was considered rolling but they would really wait until they had X number of applications, then look at them, so if it took 2 weeks or 2 months to get that number then that is when they did it.

exNavyOffRec

Sadly, my packet didn't make it to this board.......

BleedGreen; I asked my recruiter on the phone this morning if rolling boards might be happening and he said not at this time. But he did say they are thinking about adding another board this year????

NavyOffRec; Do you think this acceptance percentage will stay as high for this summer's board? Or do you think they will be picking up the necessary numbers to go back to normal from this round?

unknown, too many variables

roflsaurus

"Jet" Pilot
pilot
Got the call this morning! Pro Rec'd SNA/SNFO!!! :D

24/Prior
6/7/8 51
3.75 BS Aeronautics ERAU
Already PQ'd

Congrats to everyone else who was selected! Looking forward to seeing you guys at OCS.

McHale's Navy

sighted nothing..sank same.
Just saw this at http://recruitingcommand.com/texasnavy/2013/03/05/nfo-and-pilot-results-are-out/

NFO and Pilot results are out

Posted on March 5, 2013 by Michael
the latest 4 Mar board has already sent out results for Pilot and NFO. SWO is going this week and we should have those results next Tuesday. I am told that rolling monthly boards for Pilots and NFO’s will start next month. So if your looking to get into the Navy, you need to get hot. Below is the amplifying information regarding this board.
Regional OPO Teams and NRD Leaders,
The results from the most recent NFO and Pilot “rolling boards” are attached. The SWO applications will be going through their board this week with results expected out either late this week or first thing next week. Due to NRC needing to select the maximum numbers of both NFO and Pilot from the applications submitted, to not only fill immediate vacancies in the upcoming 31Mar, 21Apr, and 12May OCS classes (to meet remaining FY13 shipping goals), but also allow us to start identifying our first round of FY14 shippers (ship in the July-Sept timeframe), both the NFO and Pilot boards had a 100% selection rate among the applications considered (25 NFO apps and 115 Pilot apps).

exNavyOffRec

both the NFO and Pilot boards had a 100% selection rate among the applications considered (25 NFO apps and 115 Pilot apps).

In this case it is entirely possible they started and finished in one day, I mean all they have to do is put the names on the paper and sign it, this is known as the throw it against the wall (flight school) and see if it sticks (graduates), I am sure the IP's at Pensacola are going to be thrilled about this.

PrudasJiest

Haze Gray
According to the Texas Recruiting website, if you met the quals it was 100% selection
Yeah I know, and as far as I know I did meet the quals (already PQ'd), which is why I'm a lot antsier about it actually.....if that makes sense. No one in this thread in my NRD has posted anything about their selection yet.

VTFlyer

Yeah I know, and as far as I know I did meet the quals (already PQ'd), which is why I'm a lot antsier about it actually.....if that makes sense. No one in this thread in my NRD has posted anything about their selection yet.

I would call, but I don't know you recruiter personally so its your decision ;)