• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
If I can use my most recent PHA that would save me a huge headache getting waivers. I

Unfortunately I don't think you can. Don't quote me on that however. I remember that you are a prior reservist so I don't know what requirement category you would fall into.

BleedGreen

pilot
After doing more research I feel it would be best to just bite the bullet and take care of the waivers now instead of at OCS. One less thing to stress over during an already hectic time.

dschorr

OCS 20JUL2014
21 M/ Non Prior
BS Chemistry from Bradley University- May 2014 Grad date
GPA- 3.2
ASTB- 6/5/6 60 (Just took it yesterday with only 1 week notice)
LORs- Owner of restaurant I manage and two professors.

Applying for SWO/SNA/SNFO.

First board applying for after non-select for NUPOC on 28th of this year. College junior right now so going for a FY14 slot.

Good luck to everyone applying!

USAF_WX2USN

21 M/ Non Prior
GPA- 3.2

First board applying for after non-select for NUPOC on 28th of this year. College junior right now so going for a FY14 slot.

Great job on the 60 on the OAR! Are you retaking the test to up the other scores?

exNavyOffRec

21 M/ Non Prior
GPA- 3.2

NRC may not allow you to apply since you are outside of 12 months, generally the time was 6 months from graduation, that was bumped for a bit to 12 but any longer and they have sent several back, a few made it through many months ago and they were going "oops"

A May 2014 grad would make you more likely a FY15 candidate depending on the OCS schedule

roflsaurus

"Jet" Pilot
pilot
I think that is weird that your OR said that. I am pretty sure you need to have a physical done as part of your application. It has to be a pre-commisioning physical of some sort I think as well, and I would assume you would need an aviation candidate physical. I don't think your last PHA will suffice from what I gathered, but I can't say for sure.

Oh and I was actually at FRCNW as well. I was an AS so I worked in 900 division, and I was there from February, 2010 to April of this year. What was your rate and where did you work?

Lol, small world dude. I was an AT in 69B/C (You may know it as the solder shop). Your avatar is in one of the 172s at the flying club isn't it? I took an intro flight in one of those things. One of the main reasons I want to become a Naval Aviator. Anyways yeah, I don't know whats up with the physical thing. I'm meeting with my recruiter tomorrow, so I'll find out. I must have misunderstood him or something. Thanks.

exNavyOffRec

That's pretty much what he said. I don't get it. NavyOffRec, any idea why he would tell me that? I entered the reserves less that a year ago. Maybe he can use that physical or my PHA or something.

could be a few things, one is that the physical has to be within 2 years and take you through OCS, the other is some items are not required for enlisted that are for officers.

exNavyOffRec

Lol, small world dude. I was an AT in 69B/C (You may know it as the solder shop). Your avatar is in one of the 172s at the flying club isn't it? I took an intro flight in one of those things. One of the main reasons I want to become a Naval Aviator. Anyways yeah, I don't know whats up with the physical thing. I'm meeting with my recruiter tomorrow, so I'll find out. I must have misunderstood him or something. Thanks.

Who is your recruiter? There are a few up in the NW that have a so so reputation.

dschorr

OCS 20JUL2014
NRC may not allow you to apply since you are outside of 12 months, generally the time was 6 months from graduation, that was bumped for a bit to 12 but any longer and they have sent several back, a few made it through many months ago and they were going "oops"

A May 2014 grad would make you more likely a FY15 candidate depending on the OCS schedule

The gouge from CNRC that my OR found had 18 months before graduation as the cutoff. If that is the case ill just hold my application, but my processor sent it off to Millington on Friday.

dschorr

OCS 20JUL2014
Great job on the 60 on the OAR! Are you retaking the test to up the other scores?

SWO is certainly my first choice so I'm not worried about that now. If I don't get select in march for SWO, I plan on retaking so I can put in a competitive application for SNA and SNFO too. Earliest I can retest now is Jan 14 as I just took it Friday.

exNavyOffRec

The gouge from CNRC that my OR found had 18 months before graduation as the cutoff. If that is the case ill just hold my application, but my processor sent it off to Millington on Friday.

The time before graduation is flexible depending on what they want, if the program mgr doesn't agree he will just reject your application.

The 18 before graduation is what they were using for BDCP before they shut that down.

Beefalo

Can you add addendums once you submit a package? In order to be seen by the SWO-IW, AMDO, and SWO boards I need to submit my package prior to my command's stand down. The problem is I still need a SWO 1110 interview and my command is having a hard time finding one. Can I address this in my personal statement? If i find a SWO can I submit an addendum?

To make the SWO-IW board I need to basically submit my package by Friday as thats when our stand down starts. The AMDO and SWO boards I have some time after stand down ends to finish any loose ends.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
21 M/ Non Prior
GPA- 3.2

So I've been collecting stats on the AW members who applied to the current board. I have about 30 people, most of whom have heard back and shared their scores. Not a single member was accepted for SNA with less than a 7 on their PFAR. There were a few applicants that got SNFO with a 5, though. My board was supposedly a bit less selective, so I strongly suggest you retake if you want SNA. Note that this sample is incomplete and nonrandom.

exNavyOffRec

Can you add addendums once you submit a package? In order to be seen by the SWO-IW, AMDO, and SWO boards I need to submit my package prior to my command's stand down. The problem is I still need a SWO 1110 interview and my command is having a hard time finding one. Can I address this in my personal statement? If i find a SWO can I submit an addendum?

To make the SWO-IW board I need to basically submit my package by Friday as thats when our stand down starts. The AMDO and SWO boards I have some time after stand down ends to finish any loose ends.

with the new system, the answer is no, at least once it is past the NRC processors, it used to be anyone could add a file anytime, now it has to be at that person's review level, so if info is sent in after it is at the "at board" level it would have to be rejected back.