• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

J.McGinnis

That's good news...Because at the OD's office I got 9/9 which qualifies to 40 arc seconds. Just have to get a letter from her, plus same a whole months rent by not going to the MD!

patton307

My recruiter just told me today that I won't have enough time to go to MEPS and get everything signed off on by the doctors for next Friday's deadline (4 March board). He recommended to go ahead and submit my package anyway without the physical because he has had a few guys get picked up for SWO recently without having their physicals. Is this a smart thing to do or just wait and submit for the June board? I should note that I only started my package about 10 days ago. 6/7/7 51 ASTB (1st attempt). I'm applying for Pilot and maybe also NFO.

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter just told me today that I won't have enough time to go to MEPS and get everything signed off on by the doctors for next Friday's deadline (4 March board). He recommended to go ahead and submit my package anyway without the physical because he has had a few guys get picked up for SWO recently without having their physicals. Is this a smart thing to do or just wait and submit for the June board? I should note that I only started my package about 10 days ago. 6/7/7 51 ASTB (1st attempt). I'm applying for Pilot and maybe also NFO.

MEPS is still not fully required, without it the NRD won't get credit unless you are selected, so it is worth a shot.

Naval60

NavyOffRec,

I had my DD Form 2807-1 completed in early October with the intention of getting my medical requirements out of the way for the up coming Suppo, however, I was just told that my DD 2807-1 has now expired because 3 months have passed by since I got it signed by the medical provider. Is this true? I also got my DD Form 2808 completed but the "problem" is the DD Form 2807-1?

V/R,

Naval60

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

I had my DD Form 2807-1 completed in early October with the intention of getting my medical requirements out of the way for the up coming Suppo, however, I was just told that my DD 2807-1 has now expired because 3 months have passed by since I got it signed by the medical provider. Is this true? I also got my DD Form 2808 completed but the "problem" is the DD Form 2807-1?

V/R,

Naval60

If I understand correctly the MEPS doctor signed your paperwork 3 months ago, or what medical provider are you talking about.

Naval60

If I understand correctly the MEPS doctor signed your paperwork 3 months ago, or what medical provider are you talking about.

NavyOffRec,

I am prior active duty and currently in the USNR. I was told by my OR that because I am already in the USNR, he could not get authorization to get me into MEPS. So my whole medical requirements (DD Form 2807-1 and DD Form 2808) were completed by a USNR Medical Corps Captain and LT. It was the same as going to MEPS as I recall from me going to MEPS 5 years ago. Now, I was told that my DD Form 2807-1 has expire due 3 months passing by since it was originally signed by the Navy Capt (medical provider).

V/R,

Naval60

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec,

I am prior active duty and currently in the USNR. I was told by my OR that because I am already in the USNR, he could not get authorization to get me into MEPS. So my whole medical requirements (DD Form 2807-1 and DD Form 2808) were completed by a USNR Medical Corps Captain and LT. It was the same as going to MEPS as I recall from me going to MEPS 5 years ago. Now, I was told that my DD Form 2807-1 has expire due 3 months passing by since it was originally signed by the Navy Capt (medical provider).

V/R,

Naval60

He is correct in regards that current reservist are not supposed to go to MEPS, did he send them to N3M? I have sent paperwork to N3M from MEPS that was 6 months old and they were cleared, but the relationship between N3M and reserve doc might be different.

roflsaurus

"Jet" Pilot
pilot

I'm almost in your exact same situation. 5 years active- 1 year reserve, and I went to MEPs. It wasn't ideal, but I went. If I understand what my recruiter told me correctly, I could have submitted my 2807 and 2808 from my sep physical off active duty because it was inside of 2 years ago. Not sure if N3M would have liked it, but he said i could have submitted it. However, my 2808 never made it to the copy of my medical records that medical sent me when I checked out. I had to go to MEPs like 3x (and I'm still not done, actually) :( because they would not see me unless I had my Conditional Release signed by my unit AND submitted to them along with all the other paperwork required to go to MEPs. Also, all three mornings I was at MEPs they seperated people into lines of people who needed and didn't need physicals. Their quote every morning was, "If you haven't had a MEPs physical within the last 2 years," so I assumed the 2 years thing was accurate. Hope that helps you out somehow. Good luck.

MEPS is still not fully required, without it the NRD won't get credit unless you are selected, so it is worth a shot.

Thanks, NavyOffRec, for all the well infromed and insightful posts that you don't have to make here. I'm very relieved to find out that I don't have to be PQed before submitting, otherwise I might not make this board.

USAF_WX2USN

I'm current AD USAF and have been in for 9yrs and still had to do MEPS. Was told about the 2 yr rule as well. Wasn't turned away at MEPS and was asked a lot about my prior service. I even had to get a waiver for high blood pressure when I was 19. It is what it is, I guess...

alaurin

All day, every day!
I was told that MEPS isn't required to apply, but required after being Pro-Rec'd SNA (within 90 days of receiving Pro-rec). It's still very uncertain if my application will be in March's boards, so that may have something to do with the response. My recruiter is also very new and informed me that I would probably be his first pilot pro-rec and first ever pro-rec if I were to apply.

The last three weeks have been a big PITA getting all my paperwork complete and despite multiple polite requests and polite reminders, not a single complete LOR has made it to me.

CaliGuy4Ever

Take these broken wings and learn to fly again...
Hello, everyone. I'm vying to apply for BDCP, specifically for an FY15 OCS spot since my prospective graduation is June 2015. I have recently talked to a civilian working at the help desk at the NRD in LA regarding the BDCP program and I was told that I can expect to hear from an OR 3 to 4 days from today. I was wondering if anyone has heard about the availability of admission for the program this year and could help me out in applying.

Here are my stats:

23/Male/Prior Service (4 years active duty as an AE working on F/A-18C/E Hornet; got out as an AEAN (E-3) due to PTS, now about to go into SELRES soon, though I have to crossrate to LS since it is the only opened rating for the Reserves right now)

AA Fine and Performing Arts (Citrus College), BFA Graphic Design (Cal Poly Pomona) - Both in progress

3.07 Cumulative GPA

**Can't fully remember my ASTB scores when I tried to apply for the SNA/NFO option of the STA-21 program but that they were bad. If I could, it was around 3 (PFAR), 4 (FOFAR), and ? (OAR) - No doubt I might have to take the ASTB again**

LoR's: No LOR's yet - except I'm planning on getting up to 4 from members of my former ROTC detachment at USC (Air Force, 1 newly commissioned 2LT,
1 or 2 of the AF Captains in the cadre, and 1 from either of the 2 NCO's from the cadre)

Flight experience: No PPL (kinda grateful about this)

Programs that I want to apply for: Pilot/NFO/Public Affairs Officer (PAO)

Where I am coming from: Applying from Azusa to NRD Los Angeles - still have yet to receive a call from an OR if BDCP for my area is open

Legal issues: None, all thanks to the discipline gained from being prior service ;)

Vision: 20/20

Extracurricular Activities: Not much of these or work experience except participated in Operation Gratitude once last year. Also, I tried out for an Air Force ROTC in-college scholarship enrollment allocation, but it did not work out like I expected (I only participated for 2 semesters last year as a General Military Course cadet but was not selected for candidacy as an in-scholarship Professional Officers Course cadet)

exNavyOffRec

Hello, everyone. I'm vying to apply for BDCP, specifically for an FY15 OCS spot since my prospective graduation is June 2015. I have recently talked to a civilian working at the help desk at the NRD in LA regarding the BDCP program and I was told that I can expect to hear from an OR 3 to 4 days from today. I was wondering if anyone has heard about the availability of admission for the program this year and could help me out in applying.

Here are my stats:

23/Male/Prior Service (4 years active duty as an AE working on F/A-18C/E Hornet; got out as an AEAN (E-3) due to PTS, now about to go into SELRES soon, though I have to crossrate to LS since it is the only opened rating for the Reserves right now)

AA Fine and Performing Arts (Citrus College), BFA Graphic Design (Cal Poly Pomona) - Both in progress

3.07 Cumulative GPA

**Can't fully remember my ASTB scores when I tried to apply for the SNA/NFO option of the STA-21 program but that they were bad. If I could, it was around 3 (PFAR), 4 (FOFAR), and ? (OAR) - No doubt I might have to take the ASTB again**

LoR's: No LOR's yet - except I'm planning on getting up to 4 from members of my former ROTC detachment at USC (Air Force, 1 newly commissioned 2LT,
1 or 2 of the AF Captains in the cadre, and 1 from either of the 2 NCO's from the cadre)

Flight experience: No PPL (kinda grateful about this)

Programs that I want to apply for: Pilot/NFO/Public Affairs Officer (PAO)

Where I am coming from: Applying from Azusa to NRD Los Angeles - still have yet to receive a call from an OR if BDCP for my area is open

Legal issues: None, all thanks to the discipline gained from being prior service ;)

Vision: 20/20

Extracurricular Activities: Not much of these or work experience except participated in Operation Gratitude once last year. Also, I tried out for an Air Force ROTC in-college scholarship enrollment allocation, but it did not work out like I expected (I only participated for 2 semesters last year as a General Military Course cadet but was not selected for candidacy as an in-scholarship Professional Officers Course cadet)

BDCP has essentially been on hold for a few years, if and when it does truly open up (they have said it will open up several times but hasn't yet) it like it was before will be very competitive as they have very few spots as they are limited to 100 total at any one time, currently they have none in FY14, this leads me to believe they don't plan on opening it up since the FY14 ones would have been selected a while ago since they would be the ones graduating in May and June of this year.

PAO is not an option for BDCP, it currently is only available to those on active duty.

CaliGuy4Ever

Take these broken wings and learn to fly again...
Acknowledged, sir. I guess I have to replace PAO with SWO-IP or Intel on my list of other possibilities.

alaurin

All day, every day!
Acknowledged, sir. I guess I have to replace PAO with SWO-IP or Intel on my list of other possibilities.

I'm applying at NRD-LA also. They usually take about a week to get back to you. I think I've met about half the office and they're alright. Be sure to keep on top of your paperwork.

exNavyOffRec

In general the designators that more often get selected for BDCP are Pilot/NFO/SWO/Supply, the other designators are just too small that they don't need to have anyone on the hook for years down the road, and anything IP or IW pretty much requires a tech degree.