• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applying to the March 2013 Board

alaurin

All day, every day!
I might be applying to March Boards if everybody who offered to help me with letters is as good as their word.

25/F, no prior
3.28 GPA, Mechanical Engineering
7/6/6/60 ASTB, applying for SNA, CEC
Squeaky clean- no misdemeanors/offenses other thank parking ticket and fix-it tickets (paid)
2 years of volunteer work with adaptive rowing program run by veterans, 6 yrs volunteer technical/leadership in churches
Still working on LORS- retired green beret/staff sgt US Army (my mentor), O-2 Air Force, O-4 Navy, O-4 Air-Force, my boss/adviser (prof of mechanical engineering/kinesiology).

Quick question: anybody know how you prove you paid your tickets? My recruiter wanted some sort of documentation on that.

BleedGreen

pilot
Quick question: anybody know how you prove you paid your tickets? My recruiter wanted some sort of documentation on that.

My recruiter asked me to do the same thing. I called the court and they said either myself or someone I know must come in person and ask for an official record summary that states you have no delinquent payments. All they needed was my name and drivers license number.

exNavyOffRec

I might be applying to March Boards if everybody who offered to help me with letters is as good as their word.

25/F, no prior
3.28 GPA, Mechanical Engineering
7/6/6/60 ASTB, applying for SNA, CEC
Squeaky clean- no misdemeanors/offenses other thank parking ticket and fix-it tickets (paid)
2 years of volunteer work with adaptive rowing program run by veterans, 6 yrs volunteer technical/leadership in churches
Still working on LORS- retired green beret/staff sgt US Army (my mentor), O-2 Air Force, O-4 Navy, O-4 Air-Force, my boss/adviser (prof of mechanical engineering/kinesiology).

Except in the case of a very recent ticket I never asked, nor was it requested from higher authorities to produce proof, the reason, in the background check it will come up if not paid.

Graham2017

FS SNA - OCS 6/23
As of very recently, I submit a (positive change) to my credentials and I prepare to send out the final package within a week!

*3.3 overall GPA (up from a 3.2... apparently the Navy has a more lenient GPA calculator!)
*Applying to both SNA and NFO designations (was only SNA previously)

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
I took the ASTB today and scored a 47 5/6/5 on form 5. Obviously I was hoping to do much better and I felt pretty confident going into the test, however I know the MST brought my score down. I did as many practice math problems as I could do during my study time, but there was a lot of math knowledge questions on the test that screwed with my head. Also it seems like every word problem I got besides one involved manipulating percentages and gas prices which was very difficult. I will most likely end up retaking the test and when I do I will focus pretty much all of my studying on math and mechanical. I feel pretty discouraged about my scores and but I feel confident about the rest of my application so in the mean time I will just increase my math skills and retake the test if I don't get picked up.

My stats again:
25 M
Prior
Applying NFO/SWO
ASTB 47 5/6/5
Brandman University- BS Computing Technology (In progress) Current GPA 3.79
4 LORS (two professors, my reserve unit OIC, and my flight instructor)
Some Community Involvment
Private Pilot- 87 hours
Evals: MP, MP, EP, EP, EP

Daspyp

I took the ASTB today and scored a 47 5/6/5 on form 5. Obviously I was hoping to do much better and I felt pretty confident going into the test, however I know the MST brought my score down. I did as many practice math problems as I could do during my study time, but there was a lot of math knowledge questions on the test that screwed with my head. Also it seems like every word problem I got besides one involved manipulating percentages and gas prices which was very difficult. I will most likely end up retaking the test and when I do I will focus pretty much all of my studying on math and mechanical. I feel pretty discouraged about my scores and but I feel confident about the rest of my application so in the mean time I will just increase my math skills and retake the test if I don't get picked up.

My stats again:
25 M
Prior
Applying NFO/SWO
ASTB 47 5/6/5
Brandman University- BS Computing Technology (In progress) Current GPA 3.79
4 LORS (two professors, my reserve unit OIC, and my flight instructor)
Some Community Involvment
Private Pilot- 87 hours
Evals: MP, MP, EP, EP, EP

Weak on math? Use the flash cards here (look towards the bottom of the page). Write out EVERY problem and solve it, then do it again every other or other other day... As you begin to understand how each problem works you can slowly focus your studies on the math questions that are really hard for you. Don't study to know how to get straight to the answer, rather figure out how each problem works.

Studying like this took me from a 5/5/6 49 to a 7/7/6 61. So hopefully this will work for you.

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
Weak on math? Use the flash cards here (look towards the bottom of the page). Write out EVERY problem and solve it, then do it again every other or other other day... As you begin to understand how each problem works you can slowly focus your studies on the math questions that are really hard for you. Don't study to know how to get straight to the answer, rather figure out how each problem works.

Studying like this took me from a 5/5/6 49 to a 7/7/6 61. So hopefully this will work for you.

Thank you for the advice. I will utilize this study tactic for sure because it sounds like it would really help me. Congratulations on your selection!

nombrescreeno

Anyone have this problem with MEPS?

I had PRK 3 years ago and my NRD submitted my documents (including an exam from November) in December, before the holidays, to MEPS. MEPS came back to my OR and said "please submit an eye exam one month before processing" so that I could retake the test at MEPS. I thought... okay, great, I'll re-submit my original document (which when the docs at MEPS examined it wasn't a month old yet) and in the mean time, I'll get an eye exam done. I re-submit my original document and then I submitted the new exam (showing that my eyes were unchanged, no difference in measurement between the two doctors) and now MEPS is using the newer document and saying I need to wait ANOTHER 30 days to get processed.

That would put me in February, outside the time frame. Hopefully this isn't a case where no good deed goes unpunished, but I've never heard of this happening before

Cobra

If it was before you were 13 then there is no problem in their minds. I never had asthma at any point, so im just confused about any issues they have with me. They had no issue with my appendectomy I had a month ago though.

So if I was prescribed Albuterol when I was 12 years old for something other than Asthma I would be OK? I was actually given a one time dose of Albuterol at the doctor's office and a prescription for it, but I never filled the prescription.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
So if I was prescribed Albuterol when I was 12 years old for something other than Asthma I would be OK? I was actually given a one time dose of Albuterol at the doctor's office and a prescription for it, but I never filled the prescription.

I used an inhaler for a few weeks at 11 when I had pneumonia, made it clear that I never had asthma and this was probably just a delivery mechanism for some meds. Wasn't an issue at MEPS.

exNavyOffRec

It really depends on the doc and MEPS that sees you, some will brush it aside, others will want documents. Just because the the prescription wasn't filled doesn't prove anything to the doc, it was prescribed, how do you prove it wasn't filled?

Cobra

It really depends on the doc and MEPS that sees you, some will brush it aside, others will want documents. Just because the the prescription wasn't filled doesn't prove anything to the doc, it was prescribed, how do you prove it wasn't filled?

I wouldn't try to prove that, said that so you guys knew all the information. As long as I don't get disqualified for something small like having a prescription for something I never even got then I'm fine. It just seems like everywhere I look online someone has a different opinion on the whole inhaler issue. Some say that no matter how old you were or what you got an inhaler for you get DQ'd. While others say that pretty much anything is waiverable, even Asthma, which I find hard to believe. I just wanted to get a current explanation on the topic from a place I consider pretty credible.

-Jake

Mew

Up date to the listy list
Name GPA
Lincoln 3.38 9 8 9 66
Sneaky 3.09 8 8 7 66
Casey123 3.4 7 7 7 63
Brou 3.42 61
J.McGinnis 3.37 7 7 7 60
Alaurin 3.28 7 6 6 60
DSCHorr 3.2 6 5 6 60
BleedGreen 3.45 7 8 7 59