• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Apply to OCS Before Graduation, Enlisted in CG

ethanr8

Hey guys, first time posting here. Really liking this forum so far, it’s super helpful.

Don’t think this has been asked before on airwarriors: can you apply to Navy OCS before college graduation if you’re currently enlisted in another branch?

I’m active duty USCG looking to go SWO, and I’d like to get the ball rolling sometime before I graduate with my Bachelor’s in 12 months, but I know the Navy has a rule against that for their own enlisted. Does that only apply to Navy enlisted, or all enlisted?

If it’s not possible, should I even talk to a recruiter without my diploma in hand?

Thank you for any insight.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey guys, first time posting here. Really liking this forum so far, it’s super helpful.

Don’t think this has been asked before on airwarriors: can you apply to Navy OCS before college graduation if you’re currently enlisted in another branch?

I’m active duty USCG looking to go SWO, and I’d like to get the ball rolling sometime before I graduate with my Bachelor’s in 12 months, but I know the Navy has a rule against that for their own enlisted. Does that only apply to Navy enlisted, or all enlisted?

If it’s not possible, should I even talk to a recruiter without my diploma in hand?

Thank you for any insight.

Welcome to Airwarriors. Take the time to search around to find more information on the OCS process and Naval Aviation.

Good luck.