• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applicants for Supply Corps Board Feb 18 2019

Good luck to you too! Your application is in, it's better to not worry about it, and let it do its thing.

Easier said than done, but yes, there really isn’t much you can do once you submit by the application deadline and they give you a confirmation that it’s going to the board. This past board took just over five weeks (!) to release results, so prepare to wait several weeks after the “board convene” date. But hope for sooner.

@MattyGatch thanks a ton for your response. Like you said, I'm on the hunt for any glimmer of hope lol. I checked out a post from last February's Supply board and they said something about 136 applicants and a 21% acceptance rate...so roughly 27 made it. Idk if that's factual/correct but it seems reasonable. I'm just hoping my business degree, gpa and positive (non-military, former employer) references carries the dead weight of my ho-hum 48 OAR. Only time will tell.

I have an enlisted diving contract that has me shipping out on 4/8/19 so this has big implications, since acceptance will nullify the enlisted contract. It's going to be a long 2.5 months! Thanks again!

serratafranklin

This isn’t the answer you want to hear, but the numbers and parameters for past and future boards is neither released nor predictable. Board members are unable to disclose any information on applicants and also cannot discuss what they’re looking for each board. Naturally to protect the integrity of the process. Each fiscal year budget can be a major factor but so can other variables, such as manning requirements within each designator/community.

But I know how you feel and I looked for every glimmer of hope. If it makes you feel better, I’ve looked at recent Supply monthly news releases and their quota for O-1 is still well in the negative. Meaning, if the money is there, they’re looking to fill spots. But that’s all fluid, so don’t take it too seriously.

Looking at what you included, everything seems to match up well. Degree, OAR, etc. Optimal OAR score is 55 for Supply but many selected for the last board had low to mid 40s. Just my opinion and a hunch, but I think it’s a great time to join the Officer ranks in the military because the economy is strong and the private sector is pulling many top potential candidates from college who not too long ago might have gone into the military because the job market was terrible. So if you’re qualified, it seems they have spots to fill.
Quotas for O-1 might be in the negative but you also have to take into consideration that there are SUPPOs that are losses to the Navy that either fall under retirements, separating, and unplanned losses. Advancements and pre-commissioning units also play a role on creating quotas for SUPPO.

exNavyOffRec

This isn’t the answer you want to hear, but the numbers and parameters for past and future boards is neither released nor predictable.

not to the general public, but NRD's if they know where to look can find the FY accession quota's, I used to always have that data.

serratafranklin

The FY19 numbers are out. I refuse to release them to applicants because they can easily be misinterpreted.

Worry about YOUR application instead of the numbers game.
I'm not trying to get into the number game, I was just following the conversation on the thread. The number game actually starts after making LT or LCDR.
My application has already been sent. Only thing to worry about is to either draft a reconsideration letter or putting my house for rent after results are released.

chinolal

I'm applying for this board and this will be my first time applying. Below is my profile:

AD: YNS2(SS) - 5 Years, hit 6 year mark on 29 Jan 2019. (Have an exemption to policy in route)
Degree: AA - Computer and Networking Technology (2.81) / BS - Information Systems Security (3.95)
OAR: 34 (Obtaining a waiver for this score) / Retaking OAR on 27 Dec 18.
Interviews : O5 (9), O5 (10), O5 (10), O4 (10).
LOR: O5 and O6.
Evals: EP (Current), MP, EP (Transfer eval), MP (1st E5 eval, #9 of 33 E5's).
Awards: 2 NAMs (Both on first submarine tour), JSOQ 4th Quarter 2018, and 2018 JSOY (3rd NAM).

YNS2, did they accept your package? I have the same issue as you. I hit my six year mark this upcoming August. I am hoping they will accept my application for the May board.

serratafranklin

YNS2, did they accept your package? I have the same issue as you. I hit my six year mark this upcoming August. I am hoping they will accept my application for the May board.
Yes they accepted my package. I recommend sending your package ealier than the due date just incase there are missing items or NRC needing additional documents such as medical records, etc.

Sandcrab01

Howdy!

Can someone explain to me how long on average it takes to submit a package? I am hoping to make the Supply board that meets in April. I'm having to lose a few more inches to pass and then I can start my package.

Any insight or tips is appreciated!

exNavyOffRec

Howdy!

Can someone explain to me how long on average it takes to submit a package? I am hoping to make the Supply board that meets in April. I'm having to lose a few more inches to pass and then I can start my package.

Any insight or tips is appreciated!

losing weight will take the longest time, then MEPS, the paperwork is the easy part, in some cases I put an application together in days.

Sandcrab01

losing weight will take the longest time, then MEPS, the paperwork is the easy part, in some cases I put an application together in days.

I'm hoping to get the weight down by mid March and get my package together before the April board meets. How long does it take to get a MEPS appointment?