• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applicants for Supply Corps Board Feb 18 2019

serratafranklin

I'm applying for this board and this will be my first time applying. Below is my profile:

AD: YNS2(SS) - 5 Years, hit 6 year mark on 29 Jan 2019. (Have an exemption to policy in route)
Degree: AA - Computer and Networking Technology (2.81) / BS - Information Systems Security (3.95)
OAR: 34 (Obtaining a waiver for this score) / Retaking OAR on 27 Dec 18.
Interviews : O5 (9), O5 (10), O5 (10), O4 (10).
LOR: O5 and O6.
Evals: EP (Current), MP, EP (Transfer eval), MP (1st E5 eval, #9 of 33 E5's).
Awards: 2 NAMs (Both on first submarine tour), JSOQ 4th Quarter 2018, and 2018 JSOY (3rd NAM).

Shiv1940

I'm also applying for this board.
Degree: BS - computer science & information security (3.4)
OAR: 43

MCNimitz2

I applied:
AD: MC3 (2 1/2 years)
Degree: BA in Human Resources 2.9 GPA
OAR: 50
ASTB: 6,7,7
Interviews: 0-5 (10) x2, 0-4 (10)
LOR: 0-6, 0-5 x3
Evals: EP, EP (transfer), MP (new command)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I applied:
AD: MC3 (2 1/2 years)
Degree: BA in Human Resources 2.9 GPA
OAR: 50
ASTB: 6,7,7
Interviews: 0-5 (10) x2, 0-4 (10)
LOR: 0-6, 0-5 x3
Evals: EP, EP (transfer), MP (new command)

I would highly highly consider applying for NFO if Supply doesn’t work out. Your stats don’t really align with what the boards are looking for.

MCNimitz2

I would highly highly consider applying for NFO if Supply doesn’t work out. Your stats don’t really align with what the boards are looking for.

I cant as I'm medically disqualified from jets so they won't even bother with me. I really want to fly helicopters and the Army program would be great but I cant get out of my current contract to fly Army...so I'm told.

Greetings folks! I've applied for this board.

Degree: B.A. Business Mgmt
GPA: 3.4
OAR: 48
(No prior military service)

Good luck to everyone, I can hardly wait for results!

serratafranklin

Greetings folks! I've applied for this board.

Degree: B.A. Business Mgmt
GPA: 3.4
OAR: 48
(No prior military service)

Good luck to everyone, I can hardly wait for results!
Good luck to you too! Your application is in, it's better to not worry about it, and let it do its thing.

Does anybody happen to know what the average number of applicants are per Supply board (or how competitive in general), or how many Supply officers the Navy is looking to take on this year or historically? I'm just looking to get a better feel for my chances. I've tried searching around to find these numbers but couldn't come up with anything...The fact that I have no military background and don't understand many of the acronyms doesn't help the cause either lol. Any info helps!

Does anybody happen to know what the average number of applicants are per Supply board (or how competitive in general), or how many Supply officers the Navy is looking to take on this year or historically? I'm just looking to get a better feel for my chances. I've tried searching around to find these numbers but couldn't come up with anything...The fact that I have no military background and don't understand many of the acronyms doesn't help the cause either lol. Any info helps!

This isn’t the answer you want to hear, but the numbers and parameters for past and future boards is neither released nor predictable. Board members are unable to disclose any information on applicants and also cannot discuss what they’re looking for each board. Naturally to protect the integrity of the process. Each fiscal year budget can be a major factor but so can other variables, such as manning requirements within each designator/community.

But I know how you feel and I looked for every glimmer of hope. If it makes you feel better, I’ve looked at recent Supply monthly news releases and their quota for O-1 is still well in the negative. Meaning, if the money is there, they’re looking to fill spots. But that’s all fluid, so don’t take it too seriously.

Looking at what you included, everything seems to match up well. Degree, OAR, etc. Optimal OAR score is 55 for Supply but many selected for the last board had low to mid 40s. Just my opinion and a hunch, but I think it’s a great time to join the Officer ranks in the military because the economy is strong and the private sector is pulling many top potential candidates from college who not too long ago might have gone into the military because the job market was terrible. So if you’re qualified, it seems they have spots to fill.