• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Applicants for Supply Corps Board Feb 18 2019

ChitFaced

I submitted for this selection board. This is my second attempt. First selection board was Nov 2018, non-select status. I think it has something to do with going to Captain's Mast 10 months after joining the Navy. lol

AZ2(AW/SW)
32 yr old(Waiver Submitted)
5 years Active Duty(6 in Aug)
BS in Public Management(Concentration: CJ) 3.53
OAR: 49

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I submitted for this selection board. This is my second attempt. First selection board was Nov 2018, non-select status. I think it has something to do with going to Captain's Mast 10 months after joining the Navy. lol

AZ2(AW/SW)
32 yr old(Waiver Submitted)
5 years Active Duty(6 in Aug)
BS in Public Management(Concentration: CJ) 3.53
OAR: 49

You don’t have a STEM or business-focused degree.

On The Bounce

Oh I see, thanks. However, there it is written, "not required".

But maybe this is one of those cases like the OAR score: the sheet says you need a 40, but in competitive reality you need much higher.

So are the select chances actually zero for a non-STEM degree? And what happens to the select chances if the non-STEM degree is a Masters?

ChitFaced

But maybe this is one of those cases like the OAR score: the sheet says you need a 40, but in competitive reality you need much higher.

So are the select chances actually zero for a non-STEM degree? And what happens to the select chances if the non-STEM degree is a Masters?
Your guess is as good as mine. I’ll still hope for the best for my package, but I guess if a Guru says matter-of-factly that my degree is worth shit, I’ll take them at their word lol

Don’t be discouraged. My Commanding Officer flies EA-18G Growlers with a History degree, but he didn’t go through OCS. Haha but it shows a degree is still your foot in the door SOMEWHERE in the Navy.

exNavyOffRec

Preferred for selection boards is a nice way of saying that is what we really want, so you better be walking on water if you don't have one.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
So a applicant must have a stem degree to be competitive?

Pretty much. The community wants folks with a technical or business academic background. If you read a civilian job interview and they said "preferred" in the job posting, it unofficially means "required".