• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API rumor control

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Is it just me or has MB not chimed in? I conclude that BeerMe is MB in disguise...:sly_125:

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is it just me or has MB not chimed in? I conclude that BeerMe is MB in disguise...:sly_125:

Unless MB is a master at IP manipulation, I'd say your theory is nowhere close to the actual truth. MB != BM.....speaking of which, I need to go take a BM.

-ea6bflyr ;)

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
So I take it BeerMe is that guy. Gents, that's the guy you don't want to be like. Once a deuche always a deuche.

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
This thread reminds me of an old psych study done with monkeys that I read about years ago:

A group of monkeys were placed in a habitat. They had everything they needed in there, but there was a bunch of bananas off to the side that they had to climb a ladder to get to. Each time a monkey tried to climb the ladder to get to the bananas, the whole group got sprayed with a water hose.

Eventually, the monkeys stopped pursuing the bananas. The researchers then added a new monkey to the habitat that was unaware of the current system. When the new monkey attempted to climb the ladder for the bananas, the other monkeys grabbed him and beat him up.

Interesting... The monkeys got the idea, but us Ensigns never will... ;)

K, done geeking out, back to EP sims :)
~Red

navy09

None
This happens every couple of months. Let's summarize:

Brown shoes - wear them if you are 13xx (That means A-pool)
Leather jacket - wear it when you are cold.
AWGs - wear them while you can.
Brown boots - Do not wear until the fleet.

You control your performance, not your shoes.

I don't follow this logic since you seem to suggest there's a boot stigma.

I'm a SWO so it doesn't matter to me, I've just never understood the boot/shoe disconnect.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Wrong study. The one you're thinkin of is the one where the monkeys are in the corner playin spades and one of them says "Hey guys, watch this fuckin moron"

Is that the study that involves throwing poo? :D

PJ81

FS SNA
This thread reminds me of an old psych study done with monkeys that I read about years ago:

A group of monkeys were placed in a habitat. They had everything they needed in there, but there was a bunch of bananas off to the side that they had to climb a ladder to get to. Each time a monkey tried to climb the ladder to get to the bananas, the whole group got sprayed with a water hose.

Eventually, the monkeys stopped pursuing the bananas. The researchers then added a new monkey to the habitat that was unaware of the current system. When the new monkey attempted to climb the ladder for the bananas, the other monkeys grabbed him and beat him up.

Interesting... The monkeys got the idea, but us Ensigns never will... ;)

K, done geeking out, back to EP sims :)
~Red

You left out the end. All the monkeys get replaced one by one till not one monkey in the original group is left. So they are still beating up the new guy who tries to get a banana even though no one has ever been sprayed with water.

Maybe everyone has heard it already though.

redmidgrl

livin' the dream
Contributor
You left out the end. All the monkeys get replaced one by one till not one monkey in the original group is left. So they are still beating up the new guy who tries to get a banana even though no one has ever been sprayed with water.

Maybe everyone has heard it already though.

Good! So to continue the analogy: Eventually, everyone will look out for everyone else and no one will have to get in trouble anymore! :icon_tong

Sounds like that would be nice for the guys in A-Pool, but it ain't happening... Oh well, still interesting... Thanks for bringing that up, PJ81!

~Red