• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API rumor control

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
BeerMe can still be a troll even if he's legitimately who he says he is, right? Regardless, his latest stroke of genius is my signature now. Enjoy.

This dude can't be serious. No way somebody is naturally that big of a douche. Then again...

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
I heard a rumor that everyone in A-pool is afraid to wear brown shoes?!?!?

What? No. Everybody I've seen there from OCS has them. I'm not sure why, but a good number of the academy guys don't have them. ROTC is hit or miss. *shrug*

Any academy guys here know why that is?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
What? No. Everybody I've seen there from OCS has them. I'm not sure why, but a good number of the academy guys don't have them. ROTC is hit or miss. *shrug*

BeerMe is too cool for brown shoes...

gth770x

When I asked a couple of Academy kids, they said that all of their instructors told them that they would get yelled at if they wore them before a certain point.. it varied between starting API and going to their first squadron. In the latter case, they said that they weren't allowed to wear them until the CO of their first squadron told them to or they would get some sort of derogatory call sign involving "shoe". I don't know where they get some of this - everyone I've talked to from the real Navy told me to wear mine immediately (I come from ROTC so evidently I wasn't scared out of it).

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Commissioning at my ROTC was on Friday. The CO was pissed on Monday when the SNA's showed up for stash with black shoes on.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
This happens every couple of months. Let's summarize:

Brown shoes - wear them if you are 13xx (That means A-pool)
Leather jacket - wear it when you are cold.
AWGs - wear them while you can.
Brown boots - Do not wear until the fleet.

You control your performance, not your shoes.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
There has been some kind of stigma with tan bags too. I wore one to a sim and I thought some of the other studs were going to have a coronary.

And BeerMe, I got my brown shoes for $39 on eBay.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
This happens every couple of months. Let's summarize:

Brown shoes - wear them if you are 13xx (That means A-pool)
Leather jacket - wear it when you are cold.
AWGs - wear them while you can.
Brown boots - Do not wear until the fleet.

You control your performance, not your shoes.

Bullshit. The ONLY thing you can't wear before wings is WINGS.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fixed it for you.

He's the type that makes it bad for the rest of us non-douche Academy types.

^^^truth. i cringe every time i read one of of his posts, because it means that non-usna people will associate all usna types with beer me's douchebaggery. @beer me- keep digging dude, you'd be surprised how thin the line between aw and the real world is.