• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API Report Dates

S3b_viking

Jun 8 USNA guys got their orders last week. We only have orders down to Pensacola with no follow on orders anywhere. Pers messed up our designator codes and have to redo all of the Navy orders.

usmcmeg24

he got helos!
Question: So what happens with the guys who are finishing TBS June 7 and have a report date of July 7? That most likely means they have to head down to FL and get in the wait pool for API/have a stash job correct?

From what I've been told, Marines are usually sent down there right away & just have to wait. Does anyone have any information on the situation for USMC pilot hopefuls at the moment? Thanks!

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
You Marine-types are in your own pool... MATSG-21 handles all of your stuff... you'll check in with them and handle all of your pre-API stuff through there. When you get your orders, best bet is to give them a call and they;ll give you their spiel.

The "A-Pool" is Navy and AF... A-Pool stu-con doesn't deal with Marines other than to say "Hey MATSG, we need 6 Marines to class up on Friday... 2 of 'em need to be SNFO's"... something along those lines.

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
Reminds me of the dudes getting ready to go to TBS asking what time they should show up and check in. There was always a couple who thought "Ill get there as soon as I can, I've been waiting for this for a long time" then they were the ones looking like they hated life when they got stuck with a billet on the first day. There is taking your time with getting stuff rolling and enjoying your time off, and then there is working the system.

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Reminds me of the dudes getting ready to go to TBS asking what time they should show up and check in. There was always a couple who thought "Ill get there as soon as I can, I've been waiting for this for a long time" then they were the ones looking like they hated life when they got stuck with a billet on the first day. There is taking your time with getting stuff rolling and enjoying your time off, and then there is working the system.

Are you seriously comparing going down to Pcola and coming to TBS. Sure I can understand the wanting to wait, but thats why you take leave. I personally for one can't wait to leave and some lucky bastards get to leave a week early(pending approval). A billet down there (some exceptions to the rule) have got to be better than one up here. Thats just me, I am not one for Northern VA, while the guy in the desk next to me wants to stay forever. :eek:

whitman

as of right now their is no wait for pilots in API. but if you are a fo the story is different

Does that go for USAF too? I'm casual here at Hurlburt and supposed to come up to Whiting in August for pilot training. I hear it's really bad then. Too bad they don't let me show up now and start. I heard it's a 3 mo wait in the fall just to start API.

Midshipmanjosh

They are telling the guys in Alpha Co that they can go straight to pensaocla and start API. No wait at all. Thats the "word" floating around up here at TBS. Im in Bravo Co and we still don't know when we are going down to Pensacola to class up.

Question: So what happens with the guys who are finishing TBS June 7 and have a report date of July 7? That most likely means they have to head down to FL and get in the wait pool for API/have a stash job correct?

From what I've been told, Marines are usually sent down there right away & just have to wait. Does anyone have any information on the situation for USMC pilot hopefuls at the moment? Thanks!