• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API Report Dates

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot

"You may be sure that [Stash Ensigns] will commit all the stupidities they can think of, plus some that are beyond imagination."

The driving into the house story blew my mind... epic stupidity.

This particular O-1 didn't happen to be from New Mexico did he?

hm2anderson

EP-3 NFO
Under Orders

Just got my orders! :D

Anybody else w/ same API dates?

------- INTERMEDIATE (02) ACTIVITY (M) -------
REPORT NET 04 JUL 07 BUT NLT 06 JUL 07 EDA: 06 JUL 07
TO STU NAVAVSCOLSCOM PENSACOLA FL UIC: 42129
FOR TEMPORARY DUTY UNDER INSTRUCTION IN A FLYING ACC: 341
STATUS INVOLVING FLYING
FOR APPROXIMATELY 113 DAY(S)
PERSONNEL ACCOUNTING SUPPORT: PERSUPPDET PENSACOLA
UIC: 43081
TO INCLUDE 113 DAY(S) AT API
CLASS: CONV: 070706 GRAD: 071026

------ ULTIMATE ACTIVITY (M) -------
REPORT NOT LATER THAN OCT 07 EDA: OCT 07
TO STU TRAWING 5 PRI MILTON FL UIC: 44988
PERMANENT DUTY STATION FL, MILTON

SQUIDutah

pilot
My orders will come when the "order elves" are good and ready to send them. I just wish it would be soon because I have a house to sell, baby on the way, and housing to find. BTW How is Housing in Whiting?

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
I would suspect that the only people getting orders right now are those in the earliest API classes like HM2 there. Is there anyone out there with hard orders for AUG-NOV?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As of last Wednesday here at USNA, mids that have report dates two weeks after graduation still did not have orders.

I think pers must be waiting to hit the send button as some minor changes in lineup are being made due to graduate education offers coming in for some.

Go early is the gouge...you'll have more time with observed FITREPs than a peer who started 8 months later when you are both up for O-4. It matters.

boobcheese

If your goal is to class up ASAP, I would recommend checking in a day or two before your actual report date or at least early that morning. According to the powers that be in flight management, after you get your pre-API stuff (NOMI, BOLTC, IFS, etc) complete they go straight from the logbook on the quarterdeck and the time you got your orders stamped. If there are 100-200 people checking in on a given day (which isn't unusual) it could easily make a difference of a couple of months as to when you start API. Also if you are hoping to class up with your buddies from school, you might want to get your orders stamped at the same time.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Just got my orders! :D

Anybody else w/ same API dates?

------- INTERMEDIATE (02) ACTIVITY (M) -------
REPORT NET 04 JUL 07 BUT NLT 06 JUL 07 EDA: 06 JUL 07
TO STU NAVAVSCOLSCOM PENSACOLA FL UIC: 42129
FOR TEMPORARY DUTY UNDER INSTRUCTION IN A FLYING ACC: 341
STATUS INVOLVING FLYING
FOR APPROXIMATELY 113 DAY(S)
PERSONNEL ACCOUNTING SUPPORT: PERSUPPDET PENSACOLA
UIC: 43081
TO INCLUDE 113 DAY(S) AT API
CLASS: CONV: 070706 GRAD: 071026

------ ULTIMATE ACTIVITY (M) -------
REPORT NOT LATER THAN OCT 07 EDA: OCT 07
TO STU TRAWING 5 PRI MILTON FL UIC: 44988
PERMANENT DUTY STATION FL, MILTON

Other than the date you show up to check in, the rest of the dates are just as filler. You could be done a lot sooner or you could be hanging around there a lot longer than what it says.

Heloanjin

pilot
If you are a USNA SNA and want to start without delay, skip your vacation and report directly to API. Wait until Jun and the wait could be many many many months.

zachary2777

Banned
Looks like I'll be going in August at the earliest. All the June and July slots were full by the time they asked me what date I wanted. Still waiting to get the official word though...

nugget81

pilot
As of right now, API is short on pilots. They cannot get enough into the classes that are starting. However, when the big rush of academy and NROTC grads hits, the wait will be long as usual. Like what was said before, if you want to start API right away, be one of the first to check in, if not, take your time....