• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

API Report Dates

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Did you want P-3s matt? The irony. I wanted jets but got handed P-3s instead. Just because you finish #1 in Primary doesnt always mean you get your #1 choice. For me, it came down to what was available at selection. I even had an IP tell me to eat dirt so I can go "tactically" med down. Then I would roll into the next graduating class and grab a jet slot. I knew a few ppl who called IMSAFE a couple times and rolled into other classes. No thanks.

But hey, at least I get to microwave food, make coffee, sleep on the floor and pee in a can :D Eat THAT Jets!!

same thing happened to a stud 2 classes behind me. No reason to be bitter.

i commission on may 9th and the earliest i was date i was allowed to request for my report date was june 1st, so that's the date i requested. i guess i'll find out soon if that will actually happen. i cant wait to start flying.

S3b_viking

Earliest dates for USNA this year is June 8 and June 22. They didn't fill up the 8th slot, but still have 20 or so people coming down then, 55 June 22, 100 July 6, and about 30-40 the first Friday of every month till November after that. If that helps anyone with picking :icon_wink. All of us will have completed IFS and will just be waiting to class up in API, but everyone else is still in front of is in terms of classing up.

SQUIDutah

pilot
My wife has a baby due the first week of Aug. so I "requested" November so I can have time to PCS. Only the powers that be will laugh at my request and give me what is open.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
My wife has a baby due the first week of Aug. so I "requested" November so I can have time to PCS. Only the powers that be will laugh at my request and give me what is open.

Actually, having a baby is one of those things that they will work with you on. I think that big Navy has a reg for baby leave, 10 days if I remember correctly. That said, it is possible that those days were just a command policy, but I saw it happen at two separate commands.

Now, if you were deploying, that's a tad different....

hm2anderson

EP-3 NFO
Earliest dates for USNA this year is June 8 and June 22. They didn't fill up the 8th slot, but still have 20 or so people coming down then, 55 June 22, 100 July 6, and about 30-40 the first Friday of every month till November after that. If that helps anyone with picking :icon_wink. All of us will have completed IFS and will just be waiting to class up in API, but everyone else is still in front of is in terms of classing up.

I'm one of the July 6 SNA's. At least I requested that date. I've been checking Bupers Online for orders, but no luck yet. If my house doesn't sell I may request an order mod to push it back.

zachary2777

Banned
I commission at the end of May and I haven't heard anything regarding report dates. I asked today at the unit but no one seemed to know the answer. Is this unusual? I haven't finished my security clearance yet, could that be holding things up?

Thanks

es101js

pilot
I commission at the end of May and I haven't heard anything regarding report dates. I asked today at the unit but no one seemed to know the answer. Is this unusual? I haven't finished my security clearance yet, could that be holding things up?

Thanks

I dont know if the security clearance is holding you up but last year i didnt know my official report date until mid to late april while commissioning in early may.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Actually, having a baby is one of those things that they will work with you on. I think that big Navy has a reg for baby leave, 10 days if I remember correctly. That said, it is possible that those days were just a command policy, but I saw it happen at two separate commands.

Now, if you were deploying, that's a tad different....

It's pretty standard if not on or preparing for deployment, and damn near "policy" at a training command. Everyone should help w/ something like that while in the pipeline.

hm2anderson

EP-3 NFO

Thanks

LT Xxxx (PERS 433E) sent a spreadsheet via email to our aviation rep (LT) at The Citadel. Asked for basic info/marriage plans/Home of Record etc..and report date for all SNA/SNFO selects. See dates in above post. Word was orders to be written this week or next.

Should not have anything to do with security clearance. There should be plenty of time to finish that up while your waiting to class up and during IFS.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Does anyone have any information regarding benefits/drawbacks to graduating in Dec.?